Mitsubishi Diamante carpc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Diamante carpc

I'm new here and here's a pic of my project, it's almost complete. I'll post more of the pics from the project after I resize them.
    My setup so far is: 10.4 touchscreen, MCS pc with 1.33, 1g of ram, 80g hd, built in bluetooth, slot loading external DVD/CDRW, gps, obdII, wifi, hdzoom radio, Pinnacle pro stick, 300 watt 4 channel Pyramid amp using factory Infinity speakers and a ground loop isolator, Optima deep cell battery, Trial version of Centrafuse, and I bought a bluetooth mini-mouse that I'm still waiting for.
    I did the dash mod and instalation myself and still have some configuring to do but all seems good so far.....
    Attached Files

looks clean...

good job

Comment

Here's some pics, of course I'll be cleaning the carpet before the seats go back in.
      Attached Files

Comment

Finished....I think.
        Attached Files

Comment

Before pic with a Eonon 7" dvd,gps,tv,bluetooth,etc....cheap Hong Kong system. I loved it for the first week and then found this fourm and realised how much better a carpc could be.
          The Eonon lasted 6 weeks and then I sold it on Ebay and started buying my pc parts. The new system mod and install took 2 weeks of my free time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Great install inside, love the new colour scheme too, the silver really makes the interior pop now

Comment

I have the exact same Pyramid 300watt AMP on my car, but I thinking of switching it out because it generates a small amount of noise for a split second when I power it up (even after windows has loaded and no music is playing). Have you noticed the same thing?

Comment

Blackstealth....I noticed a little noise when the key is on Acc and the door is open. I had alot of noise before I put in the ground loop isolator, I did have an almost dead battery at the time too and I read a bad battery will generate noise but I replaced the battery and added the isolator at the same time.

ContaiN....Mitsubishi made a VRX model of the Diamante that had the silver trim so I'm still kinda OEM! lol

Comment

Here's a pic a Diamante VRX dash
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had a lot of alternator noise, fixed it with a ground loop isolator. My engine is off when I observed the "turn on" noise, I purchased a new battery last month so I don't they are responsible for the noise. Just curious if yours does the same thing as mine.

And by the way, your setup looks good!

Comment

I hear a few weird noises and buzz duing the pc start up but all is quiet after that, I still haven't road tested it yet, there may be other noise issues after I do, I'll let you know.
                      Some issues I'm I am trying to work out are: How to tune in the HD radio stations in Centrafuse, I have the HDZOOM and Mitch's cable. I get regular am/fm but can't seem to get HD like 90.7-2, where's the -2 you need to add? The other issue is a microphone for handsfree phone and voice commands.
                      Any ideas?
                      Thanks for the compliment!

Comment

I avoid hearing those weird noises as Windows XP boots up and initializes the sound card by using Fusion Brain to turn on my Amp afterwards. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so I may have to buy a different Amp to get rid of the powering up noise my Amp makes. Also with onboard audio, I find if you use power hungry USB devices (ie USB cdrom drive) you may get strange computer buzzing noises in the audio, so it's best to avoid having those plugged in all the time.

I haven't played with HD Radio or tried out a microphone yet sorry.

Comment

I was having USB problems using a unpowered 4 port hub, touchscreen wasn't working right and other thing were acting weird so I bought a Dynex 7 port powered hub, wired to where the dvd power was hooked up, ran the dvd unpowered to the pc usb port and now everything works great! I'm happy! Now I just need a microphone....

Comment

Just added a WD "My Passport" 250g usb powered hard drive I got from Best Buy for $99, can't believe how small it is, pluged it into the 7 port hub and everything still works! I think I'm done now...except for a microphone.

Comment

Nice install,man. The 3G wheels are also a nice addition to the outside as well! Im working on a similar setup for my 8G galant(pc).

Comment

Working...
                              X