8th gen honda accord carpc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th gen honda accord carpc

As far as I know, Im the first to put a carpc together for the new generation of accord. If someone else beat me to it, awwwww.....oh well. This project took about a month to complete. Downtime was mainly waiting for parts and testing. After a month of hard work, sweat, and tears. Its finally complete and I cant more happy. Sorry guys I didnt make a how-to guide but if you guys need guidance, just pm me.

The laptop is placed in the trunk right behind my dub box. There was just barely enough room and it was perfect. Attached to right of the box is the scan do 800 video converter along with psu/shutdown controller. The dvd writer and flash card reader are mounted in the storage pocket. Controller the system is a logitech mini dinovo keyboard. Enjoy the pics.

Specs of the carpc:
    Dell Inspiron Laptop e1505
    Intel Core Dual 1.6ghz
    1gb of ram
    160gb hd
    dvd writer
    multi flash card reader
    kensington ac/dc auto air adapter

Video conversion:
    -VGA to RGBs
    -Scan Do 800

HID (Human interface device):
    -Logitech Mini Dinovo

Did you use the stock screen or something. That part just below where it says "Aux" has me thrown. Overall, nice job. I like the installs that look stock.
    03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

yes, I used the stock navi screen. Aux meaning my audio is feed into the aux.

Originally posted by blackcobra487 View Post
      Did you use the stock screen or something. That part just below where it says "Aux" has me thrown. Overall, nice job. I like the installs that look stock.

Comment

So I'm guessing that means there's a video input of some type in the 08 Accord's navi.

As far as audio, I'm doing the same with my 03. I used one of those CD changer adapters to give me an AUX input.
        03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Looks great - i gotta get me one of those small optical drives

Comment

The accord doesnt have a input for video. I tapped into the rgbs wires for the navi screen.

Originally posted by blackcobra487 View Post
            So I'm guessing that means there's a video input of some type in the 08 Accord's navi.

As far as audio, I'm doing the same with my 03. I used one of those CD changer adapters to give me an AUX input.

Comment

Originally posted by jayknight View Post
              The accord doesnt have a input for video. I tapped into the rgbs wires for the navi screen.
              That must have taken some work. Nicely done.
              03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Is there anyway you could tell me how you installed the PSU/Shutdown Controller?
                A very nice and impressive install by the way.

Comment

Hi, I cant see any of the images, any chance you can fix the broken links.

I'm planning on doing this setup on a 7th Gen Accord.

I'm a little unsure where the output from the Scan Do 800 goes, do you simply tap into the RGB and synch wires going into the Sat Nav display ? Doesn't that cause the image to get scrambled up with the sat nav screen ? Or do you have switch off the Sat Nav unit somehow ?

Some clarity on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

edit, never mind, sending in pm.

Comment

Hey, could you re-host the pictures, im very interested to see what you have done, as im about to install a pc in my 2008 accord coupe

Comment

picture links fixed. enjoy

Comment

Ahh you used the stock navi screen, I have the lx-s coupe, with a pioneer f90-bt already in as the radio and I'm trying to use the stock navi shroud and a 7" lilliput, the screen is a little too big

Comment

Originally posted by total-assault View Post
                            Ahh you used the stock navi screen, I have the lx-s coupe, with a pioneer f90-bt already in as the radio and I'm trying to use the stock navi shroud and a 7" lilliput, the screen is a little too big

How much bigger is it ? Can you still mount it and perhaps shrink and position the the actual screen output so you can see all of it ?

Comment

how did you tap into the video

At the Screen or at the NAv computer? I have a screen i bought on ebay, I want to use it for my CAr pc but can't find the pinouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X