95 Chevy Lumina LS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Chevy Lumina LS

Well, I guess I first posted my completed project in the wrong area. Here is the finished product. Had a blast doing it and I'm always thinking of ways to keep adding onto the project. Going to build a new case for it in the next few weeks to save space. Feel free to leave comments. I'd love to hear them. Thanks for eveyone who helped me out when I was in need!
    "CarPuter" Badge added to my shirt

Charles
    Attached Files

nice setup looks good you could prolly find a way to fill in the side of the touchscreen over there to make it fit exactly in the dash...what all do you have in your carputer and whats the specs on it ?

Comment

I really didn't want to cut the dash so the screen is taller than the opening for the delco radio.
      System Information:
      7" Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T LED
      AMD XP 2000
      1GB of ram
      80 GB system drive
      200 GB media drive (Music moves etc)
      Opus 320W PSU (Push button mode no auto startup or shut down) .
      Centrafuse 2.0
      Power strip to force video card to go into 600X400 resolution to fit in radio opening.

Comment

Where did you get the black plastic stuff?

Comment

Good way to mount the screen when you want to do a minimal amount of
          cutting
          "A rose by any other name is still a flower"

Comment

I got the plastics from work.
            I'll have to ask the guys I work with.
            I'll try to remember tomorrow!
            Sorry for the delay.
            Thanks everyone!

Comment

is the case nailed down or how do u keep it from flying all over the trunk

Comment

Case is held in place by two "L Brackets" (Lowes or Home Depot)
                The back is pushed against the back seat and the left driver side of the trunk. Then two are on the right and the back of the case.
                Screwed the brackets using sheet metel screws.

Comment

maybe add some usb ports to either side of the screen to fill in some of that space

1993 Mitsubishi Verada

My Ride

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that, but I have a four port usb hub between my seats to plug in usb devices.

Comment

I was just wondering how you powered your computer. (Sorry if its a noob question, but I am kinda new to all this)

Comment

i have a '97 lumina and would like to mount my screen similar to yours, but does the 1.5 din slot block any of the screen on the top or bottom? or is the entire screen visible and usable in these pictures?

i think my question made sense.

oh and, how is the viewing angle there?

Comment

Viewing angle is great for both the driver and passanger.
                          If you want to use the OEM opening you will sacrafice the screen size. This install was with out cutting the bottom opening wider. The screen res in this picture is 640X400. I had to use power strip to force the resolution and to drop the screen image down.
                          Right now there is nothing in my car. I'm currently making a new bezel for it. I dremeled out the bottom so i can use the whole screen. Pictures will be up soon of this.
                          Left to right there are no issues. If you want to make the screen flush as possiable to the front of the opening you have to FLIP (yes, flip) the screen upside down and make your graphics card software turn windows right side up. The bottom portion of the dash is rounded so space is a real issues unless you want to hack the dash and extend the opening more ( which i didn't do). Turning it upside down give you lots of clearance. I had to dremel down the inside of the air condition vent to give the Top (really the bottom of the screen) more room to fit. I'll get a picture up in when i get home to show you. The pictures will explain what i'm talking about. Do you have the same dash as me?
                          Feel free to ask as many questions.

Comment

yeah, i have the same dash. I personally don't want to cut my dash down, and i might end up doing what darky83 did here so that i can have a fullsize removable screen. but it seems like your setup does the job pretty well with the shrunken res in the 1.5 din.

also, where did you run the wires throughout your car?

i will have to give this some thought.

Comment

Originally posted by civic99coupe View Post
                              I was just wondering how you powered your computer. (Sorry if its a noob question, but I am kinda new to all this)
                              that's the Opus 320W PSU. Check out these threads

Comment

Working...
                              X