G35 Dell 8600 Laptop Carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G35 Dell 8600 Laptop Carputer

This is my G35 using the MP3Car G35 screen. I have a Dell 8600 in a docking station in the trunk. An OBDPros connection with the car ecu and running Dashcommand. I also have a Boyo license plate mounted back up camera.

These are just night shots right now showing the screen. I will add some daytime shots later on, as I have time.

Thanks to RideRunner and DFX 4.0 for the front end and skin.
    Attached Files
    CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
    HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

NICE!! Wish I could get mine installed...
    After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
    New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

i have a question how did you get the computer for the Auxiliary input? cuz the bose radio i have on my G35 doesnt have auxiliary

Comment

With this.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...iliary%20Input

The AAI-NIS2 works with XM/Sirius Satellite ready Infiniti and Nissan factory radios. It allows audio from devices like Apple's iPod™, VCP, MP3 players, Portable CD players, DVD players or aftermarket satellite receivers to play through the stock stereo system.
        • Two AUX inputs which are selected by the SAT/Radio button on face of radio.
        • Negative remote output can be used to turn on devices when the radio is in Aux1 mode.
        • SWC output wire to control a device when the AUX mode is active (select vehicles only).
        Compatible Vehicles:
        2003-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe Only
        2003-2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan Only
        2003-2007 Infiniti FX35 / FX45
        2004-2006 Infiniti QX56
        2006-2007 Infiniti M35 / M45
        2003-2008 Nissan Murano
        2004-2007 Maxima
        2004-2006 Nissan 350Z
        2003-2006 Nissan Pathfinder
        2004-2006 Nissan Titan / Armada / Quest
        2005-2006 Nissan Altima / Frontier
        Latest Revision: 1.4.17
        Instructions Bulletins Application Guide
        HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

Ok thank you very much!!!! was it very hard to put it in?

Originally posted by drewbp View Post
          With this.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...iliary%20Input

The AAI-NIS2 works with XM/Sirius Satellite ready Infiniti and Nissan factory radios. It allows audio from devices like Apple's iPod™, VCP, MP3 players, Portable CD players, DVD players or aftermarket satellite receivers to play through the stock stereo system.
          • Two AUX inputs which are selected by the SAT/Radio button on face of radio.
          • Negative remote output can be used to turn on devices when the radio is in Aux1 mode.
          • SWC output wire to control a device when the AUX mode is active (select vehicles only).
          Compatible Vehicles:
          2003-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe Only
          2003-2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan Only
          2003-2007 Infiniti FX35 / FX45
          2004-2006 Infiniti QX56
          2006-2007 Infiniti M35 / M45
          2003-2008 Nissan Murano
          2004-2007 Maxima
          2004-2006 Nissan 350Z
          2003-2006 Nissan Pathfinder
          2004-2006 Nissan Titan / Armada / Quest
          2005-2006 Nissan Altima / Frontier
          Latest Revision: 1.4.17
          Instructions Bulletins Application Guide

Comment

Had to remove the stereo, which does require some work. You then unplug the appropriate plugs from the factory stereo and plug in to the PAC and then plug the PAC into the stereo.

Comment

ok thank u very much!! i just need to find this product at a local store which i hope they have it. but thank you so much!

Originally posted by drewbp View Post
              Had to remove the stereo, which does require some work. You then unplug the appropriate plugs from the factory stereo and plug in to the PAC and then plug the PAC into the stero.

Comment

I have an 07 g35 coupe manual. What did you use to mount the touch screen in the cubby? I've been looking to run my HP laptop to a touchscreen but i am a little nervous about modding the cubby. Any suggestions would be helpful. Does the MP3 car mount work in 07's?

Comment

The mp3car mount on the site is only for 03-05. They no longer have the 06-07 available, but did make one for a while. It is different than for the 07. I bought mine used from another mp3car member. Try ebay maybe. Cubby is not really modified. I took out one part that is in the garage to put back in if I sell the car. You would never be able to tell it was out of the car.

Comment

how did you edit the menu in fx4.0 ? I'm having hard time editing the menu and adding programs. and what gauges can you use from obd meter?

Comment

How is the obdpro cable and software holding up? I'm thinking of purchasing the serial version myself. I should have my setup installed by this weekend.

Comment

Not really using the obdpro software just the cable. I am using DashCommand with GTR style gauges. Haven't really found an OBD diagnostic or mileage software that I like yet. All is working well though.

Comment

Hi

Can you show us how you mount your laptop in your trunk? Or you has leave it there on the mat? Photo is very much appreciated.

Comment

Here are some better screen shots of my modified DFX 4.0 screens. Usually started with the work of others and made them fit my needs and ideas. The first screen is plain and simple for when I get tired of looking at the album art, nav, etc screens. Dont know if I will keep the slider yet as it kind of means nothing without the song and artist info. The second screen is from this post here ( http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1254847-post128.html ) by asmpbm, that he designed for his Mazda base on the Nissan GTR gauges. I am using this with DashCommand software from Palmer Performance, which is currently on a Demo price of only $10 here on MP3Car. They have been talking about a new version for some time, promising multi page and script usage, currently only available with the more expensive PCMScan. The third screen is what I call INAVArt, which as it looks, displays the album art and the nav screen. And finally the 4th screen is SMAART a professional audio system tuning software I use at work on big, and small, PA systems, and of course, to tune my car stereo.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice setup man, hopefully you can help me with a few things.

I love the way those gauges look, is that just part of the front end(ridgerunner) or is it a plugin.

Also Im thinking of going with a dell laptop. IM just curious what method you used to power it?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X