Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Prius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Prius

    I really just did this because of work. I travel a lot because I repair computers on site. Nothing extravagant, but I like it.



    this is the before shot. almost everyone knows what the stock prius looks like.



    I hid the GPS antenna at the top passenger side of the rear hatch, and it is rated for outside weather.



    Here is the laptop that sits in the glove box.



    All the wires behind the glove box



    the hidden power for the laptop



    The DC to DC converter for the laptop. It is hidden above the wires that are behind the glove compartment.



    The 7 in lcd head unit for the laptop, the XENARC MDT-X7000 7" IN-DASH Touchscreen VGA Monitor / DVD Receiver. Love this thing!



    the Mic for espeaking is hidden in the top near the LED dome lights, and the Radar detector power is hidden in the headliner too.



    the Mic momentary switch on the left, the IR flashing LED on switch in the center (not so legal)



    This is the bluetooth Keyboard hanging on the driver side door.



    this is the back of the keyboard. I just went to a store and bought some aftermarket radar detector holders and bent them to what I needed.



    This is the only part that I truly fabricated. the momentary switch in the middle is to power the laptop on and the RCA plugs are just an extension of the plugs out of the back of the Xenarc unit.


    Thanks for looking all.

  • #2
    pics not showing up mate
    Carpc plan=========90% -Never going to be finished!
    Carpc parts==5% -Computer died
    Carpc install==5% -Need to install computer
    Carpc worklog-0% -Need to start that soon

    Comment


    • #3
      Pics

      More details on the IR flasher?

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice instalation. Are you hapy with you xenarc monitor?

        Comment


        • #5
          That's not the best place for the GPS receiver, other than that, nice!
          ****************************************
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by az1324 View Post
            Pics

            More details on the IR flasher?
            lol The IR flasher is flashing at 14mhz the same frequency that emergency vehicles use. This changes the lights in your favor, and is considered impersonating an emergency vehicle in several states. I mainly use it when a turn light will not change for me and I have waited threw 2 red lights. there also a set of magnets on the bottom of the car that trigger the electromagnetic antennas that are part traffic light systems.

            Sadly I followed all the directions and placed the Image links in the right spot and they did not work correctly. Don't know how to fix that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LeroyR View Post
              Nice instalation. Are you hapy with you xenarc monitor?
              Yea so far, I had a problem where the first one fried but xenarc sent me a new one, got to say they can't wright a good driver to save their life.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
                That's not the best place for the GPS receiver, other than that, nice!
                Yea I know but the whole Idea is to make the car look unappealing to the standard thug that walks by and only sees what they assume is a cheap aftermarket stereo that doesn't even have a display. So the theme was to keep things as hidden as I could.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Logicjoe View Post
                  lol The IR flasher is flashing at 14mhz the same frequency that emergency vehicles use. This changes the lights in your favor, and is considered impersonating an emergency vehicle in several states. I mainly use it when a turn light will not change for me and I have waited threw 2 red lights. there also a set of magnets on the bottom of the car that trigger the electromagnetic antennas that are part traffic light systems.

                  Sadly I followed all the directions and placed the Image links in the right spot and they did not work correctly. Don't know how to fix that.
                  I think you mean 14 hz. Did you build it or buy it? I am not interested in using it for red lights but it would be very useful for quickly getting into gated communities which is invaluable for any service or delivery person.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think I'll have to build one of these just for kicks. I'd never actually use it, but it sounds like a very cool project.
                    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                    RevFE
                    My Shop

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by az1324 View Post
                      I think you mean 14 hz. Did you build it or buy it? I am not interested in using it for red lights but it would be very useful for quickly getting into gated communities which is invaluable for any service or delivery person.
                      Yea I built it with high powered IR LEDs and basicallt replaced the blue LEDs in a car light kit.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X