No announcement yet.

Subaru Impreza 1996 - Carputer installation

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru Impreza 1996 - Carputer installation

Finished the installation of my carputer in a Subaru Impreza, at least hardware wise since I have a lot more to do regarding the software and applications.
    Attached Files

Yesterday I was tired enough not to insert the details of my project, so here they are:

MoBo: Asus P5KPL-AM micro atx
    CPU: P4 3GHz socket 775
    Memory: 1GB DDR2 667
    HDD: 80GB ide
    PSU: M4-ATX
    Front End SW: Not decided yet, however currently trying RideRunner
    Monitor: Lilliput EBY-701

As you can see from the pictures I installed the monitor in the double din space. To fit the head unit and the monitor I had to remove the cigarette lighter, ashtray, 1 din size pocket and the cup holder tray which was on the top.

I made a perspex frame to attach the monitor with it, and then the frame was bolted to the slightly modified inside centre console. I also cut some material from both sides of the centre console bezel to fit the Lilliput screen. Not a perfect fit I know but for the time being I am ok with it, could be in the future I try to mess around with bondo or fibreglass but I never used them so I am a bit reluctant to start.

On trying the system in the car, I was more than surprised not to have any problems with the hard disk considering that where I live, we have one of the worst road conditions of the entire planet! But so far so good.

The only problem is that I have some interference on the monitor which is only noticable when I have a dark screen and when the HDD is running. I do not have a solution yet, any suggestions/ advises are greatly appreciated.

well done!

do you have any pics of the actual car?
      If its not broke, try and fix it.
      My First Carputer