2003 ford ranger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 ford ranger

computer is nothing fancy just an old micro atx gateway desktop from around 2003 powered by a M2 atx 160w and put into a plexiglass box. Computer was free thats why i went with it.
    monitor is a xenarc 700IDT that i gutted out of its shell and mounted into my dash.
    sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

computer is stuffed behind drivers seat. not much room in this tiny pick up

runnin xp

for a front end im running RR with the new eLite skin
    mouse and keyboard im running GRemote software that allows me to use my HTC touch pro 2's keyboard and gsensor (or touch screen) as a mouse and keyboard. pretty sweet i think.
    also can tether data from my phone.
    also considering trying out a slingbox to get cable tv on this thing.

nothing fancy but it works well and im happy with it. let me know you think

im having some trouble with my audio as in there is none lol

i have my amp hooked up to a usb sound card and have my speakers wired up 2 channel monobridged since i have no radio. my amp is turning on so its not a ground issue.
    any ideas why im not getting any sound?

Comment

does it have an on-board sound? IE does it have audio ports on the mother board? If so then it could be that winamp is looking to it or output. If not, then check your volume levels in windows mixer. Try using an mp3/cd/portable media device in the amp just to test it to make sure its not the problem. then try using headphones on the pc to making sure its outputting audio. Pretty simple stuff to check out.

Did you make your own bezel for that screen?

Its funny how much your dash looks like mine...
      Originally posted by menudude
      thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

well i got one speaker to play and it sounds pretty damn good. turns out it was a speaker wire issue. one of my connections popped out. ill have to look into the other side still.

the bezel is factory i just had to trim out the back out of it a bit to accept the monitor.came out pretty good tho i think

Comment

How did you mount the screen in to the bezel. I have an 01 Ranger, and I am stuck on how I am going to mount my screen into my bezel.

Comment

you started with the most important part- the perfect truck. good job

Comment

I actually did not mount it in the bezel... i trimmed out the bezel to accept the monitor then with bezel back in the dash the frame of the dash slightly pushes on the back of the monitor to hold it in place and hasnt moved since i put it in there.

Comment

Do you have an amp? I just wanted to see where you put yours.

Also, do you have any more pics of how you put your monitor into your dash? I'm still deciding on how to properly mount mine. The problem that I run into are the two screw that come up where the climate controls are. I'm afraid that they might hit the screen.

Comment

amps are perfect under the seats of these trucks. there are even drainholes under there in the body for you to run power cables to. no worrying about going through the firewall that way.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigthn View Post
                    Do you have an amp? I just wanted to see where you put yours.

Also, do you have any more pics of how you put your monitor into your dash? I'm still deciding on how to properly mount mine. The problem that I run into are the two screw that come up where the climate controls are. I'm afraid that they might hit the screen.
                    yes the amp is located behind the passenger seat above where the jack is...

when i bought my truck those 2 screws were actually missing, but the bezel stays in the dash perfectly fine without them.. no sorry i never took pictures when i was doing my install.

Comment

Does anybody know if theres a way to hook up the m2 inside a house? i dont have a desktop power supply for my carpc and i wanted to do some upgrades and what not to it

Comment

Item number 3 on the Advanced Faq... you should've gotten at least to that before you got bored of reading it :P

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advf...iew&advfaqid=4
                        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                        RevFE
                        My Shop

Comment

Well thats much more complicated than i thought lol.. i dont have the resources or the know how to make that work hah.. im just going to go buy a regular powersupple

Comment

Working...
                          X