'07 Focus INSTALLED!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 Focus INSTALLED!

Been gathering parts for a while, but I've finally completed my install. Still have to do some minor cable management in the trunk, awaiting the digital TV tuner to be delivered, and all the wires are ran for the reverse camera, but I'm still weighing my options before I drill into my bumper to mount the one I have now.

Specs:
    3GHz Q35, Core 2 Quad, Mini-ITX
    2GB RAM
    500G 2.5" SATA hard drive
    DVD/CDRW combo drive
    In Dash Touch Screen Lilliput monitor
    WiFi b/g
    200W DC to DC Power Sup
    HQCTi AM/FM tuner to existing car antenna
    WinXP Pro
    CentraFuse 3.0 front end
    GPS Navigation
    Bluetooth Phone Support
    Media Player
    Satellite Radio
    Web Browser
    Audio Mixer
    OBD-II: Engine Diagnostics
    Rear Camera (not mounted yet but all cables are ran, just not ready to drill my bumper yet)
    TV Tuner (waiting on digital receiver to be delivered)
    SoundMAX Superbeam directional microphone

Cy

very nice install! super clean.

How is the superbeam working out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Punky View Post
      very nice install! super clean.

How is the superbeam working out for you?
      Working fine so far. I've been using one on my desktop for years. I mounted it between the steering column and the instrument cluster as it was a perfect size gap.

Cy

Comment

are u using it as ur the included sound card? or are u only using the super beam mic?
        any echo noise issues?
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Punky View Post
          are u using it as ur the included sound card? or are u only using the super beam mic?
          any echo noise issues?
          Thanks!
          I'm only using the mic... so far, no noise issues unless I have a window all the way down. Just cracked for smoking seems to not cause any issues with callers.

Cy

Comment

Updated pix

Cy

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoTherapist View Post
              Working fine so far. I've been using one on my desktop for years. I mounted it between the steering column and the instrument cluster as it was a perfect size gap.

Cy
              That's where I have mine mounted, on my SVT Focus...
              Although I attached it using Dual Lock, and I think some vibrations are getting thu to it...need a soft mount.

Comment

Congrats on the install. Got a question, what motherboard are you running? And have you experienced any slow downs with it (ie running multiple apps)?

Comment

Originally posted by matt11601 View Post
                  Congrats on the install. Got a question, what motherboard are you running? And have you experienced any slow downs with it (ie running multiple apps)?
                  Since the original build, I've switched to the motherboard in the specs, NOT the mobo in the pictures. Info on it can be found here http://www.ibasetechnology.net/mi935.html

As far as running multiple apps, in the registry, I replaced explorer.exe with Centrafuse as the shell, so ALL it runs is Centrafuse and the apps therein. Before doing that, I had zero issues with running multiple apps as this is a hoss of a system.

Cy

Comment

If you go back to the projects thread, a few down, you will see my nissan frontier 2005 install, yours looks very nice, you did an awesome job...

Im wondering though, how did you get CF3 to display the Artist AND title in the "currently playing" view ? My CF3 is only displaying the title, not the artist...
                    Age: 18 | Car: Isuzu Rodeo 01 | http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...s-eee-box.html

Comment

Is that the voom2 case? how is it on cooling that cpu? What tv-tuner are you going with?
                      09 Pontiac G8GT [decently modded]
                      former carputer owner, given up for iphone

Comment

Originally posted by stevey500 View Post
                        If you go back to the projects thread, a few down, you will see my nissan frontier 2005 install, yours looks very nice, you did an awesome job...

Im wondering though, how did you get CF3 to display the Artist AND title in the "currently playing" view ? My CF3 is only displaying the title, not the artist...
                        Yours looks pretty good as well! I'm digging these screens and have had ZERO issues with mine. I have no idea how mine is showing the artist and title in "currently playing". It did that on install and I didn't change it. I would guess it's how I have the meta-data saved for each song. I have them named as $artist - $title then have the detail values filled out also, for artist, album title, and genre. Try filling a few of those out in the windows environment (in xp = right click on song, choose properties, the summary tab, then advanced and click on the section you want) See if that makes any change?

Originally posted by Belo View Post
                        Is that the voom2 case? how is it on cooling that cpu? What tv-tuner are you going with?
                        It's actually a "Black Box Case" from Mobile Computing Solutions, which is a LOT like the Voom2, but seems to be a little more solid. Chris at Mo-Co-So has treated me right on everything I've ever ordered from him, so I always return to those guys for my stuff, though I do have more than a few items purchased here at the mp3Car store. Check them out sometime at http://www.mo-co-so.com/Black-Box-Mo...-p/mcs-bbm.htm

While the entire case works as a heatsinc, for the Alabama summers I took a small drill bit and drilled holes between the blades on the top, just above where the fans are located over the proc, then did the same around the power supply, then went back and touched them up with black model paint that matched the case color.

TV-tuner is a generic USB Digital TV-Tuner I picked up at ChinaVasion.com (lets see who else I can turn on to that site. ) that has worked flawlessly so far.

Hope this helps...

Cy

Comment

What TV-tuner software are you using?
                          Thanks!
                          -VJ

Comment

Originally posted by vijainair View Post
                            What TV-tuner software are you using?
                            Sorry for the late reply. As of now I'm using the stock software that came with the TV tuner.

Cy

Comment

CLEAN AND AMAZING. working on mine right now

Comment

Working...
                              X