Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC install in Honda City 2010

Hi,
    This is my second install. And this time its my barnd new honda city.
    The whole carpc system is picked up form my old car i.e.

1. lilliput 7" screen EBY701
    2. D201GLY mobo
    3. Samsung 3.5"HDD
    4. DC-DC car pc power supply 160w.

The dash fabrication was a DIY but was painted at professional paintshop.

The car pc is under the rear seat. This honda has lots of space under there.

I have my head unit split into 2 parts, because I dont want more cutting and moddings in my new car.
    The head unit was old so it was ready for the spiliting mod. The front panel is placed in front and hooked up with two brackets and the rest of it goes under the driver's seat.

Well now let the pics do the talking.
    Attached Files

very nice install

Comment

Originally posted by vinchan View Post
      very nice install
      thanks ..

Comment

Wow thats a pretty clever idea with the old headunit. Did you keep the AM/FM/CD on the old headunit?

Comment

That faceplate idea is GENIUS! That's one of those slap yourself for not thinking of it, simple things. I may have to use that one day.
          You are never done installing a CarPC.

Comment

Good work on the fabrication! I like your relocation of the headunit sans faceplate!
            FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
            My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

Originally posted by Forfend View Post
              Wow thats a pretty clever idea with the old headunit. Did you keep the AM/FM/CD on the old headunit?
              yes i am retaining all the functions of my headunit. so i haev AM/FM/CD working.
              Originally posted by Spikemonkey View Post
              That faceplate idea is GENIUS! That's one of those slap yourself for not thinking of it, simple things. I may have to use that one day.
              thanks.
              i got this idea from this forum itself. may be about 3 yrs before. and tried on my friend's head unit about 2 yrs before. and now it was my turn to split it.
              yeah you may have to use it when you dont have enough space around to play with.
              Originally posted by jpinkerton View Post
              Good work on the fabrication! I like your relocation of the headunit sans faceplate!
              thanks.
              that is the 2nd best thing i like in my setyp. 1st is my fabrication of the screen.

Comment

How to remove the head unit console?

Hi,

Nice upgrade,
                my question is how did you remove the head unit console? I tried to remove mine but it wouldn't budge
                Thank you

Comment

Hi,

I'm a newbie, nice work on the fabrication, been trying to do some upgrades myself but I've been having problems with removing the head unit of the City,
                  could you post some instructions on removing the front console?

Thank you

Comment

Looks very good! Two question, but it may really just be one question: what type of product did you use to secure your lilliput to your ddin fascia (epoxy, jbweld, whatever) and finally, what type of product did you use to make it look good afterwards? Looks like bondo but I'm unsure of the correct term

Comment

Simply Marvelous! I like the repurposing of the headunit.
                      "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
                      Recent Proj
                      Old Proj II
                      Old Proj I
                      YouTube:Project Videos
                      Homepage: HexxWorld.net
                      Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Comment

Working...
                      X