Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual car-pc dash, 2x 8" touch.

Hi guys.

Just finished the centerdash for my 2x 8" touchscreens.
    There's stille a lot of work to do, and the conter console (the gear/handbrake console) is about to be fabricated. This will house the 2nd car-pc system.
    Right now I'm just running the to 2 screens from the same system, but the whole idea in this setup is to have 2 independent systems running.

When the center console is finish, all of the car's interior and the dashboard will be taken out of the car, and upholsteryed in artificial leather.

It is a long process, so I'll show one project a time...

Hope you like the setup...I DO:-

That looks great. One thought until you get the second PC setup. Since you are using CF, there is a backseat/second screen option. You might be able to run that and get a different view on each screen. Depending on what you are trying to do it might even avoid the need for a second PC

Comment

Thank you for the comment, and the advice.

Unfortunately the chipset I'm running at doesn't support extended desktop mode in Windows XP, so I only have the option for "clone view".
      If using Win 7 it is possible to run a software-based extended desktop.

Comment

Will it support a secondary video card(possibly USB even)? I have not tried that with CF but would sure be less expensive than a second PC is possible

Comment

Yes, it will. If you add an USB video card, you'll have a hardware-based video decoder, which means that it is not depending on the O/S. So it is sure possible to add another "video-zone" through this.

This car is going to be the democar for my website car-pc.dk, so it HAS to be different.
          That's why at least 2 car-pc's are neccesary. Actually it is going to have 3 seperate car-pc's, but this will come when the dash-work is done...

Comment

The work on the dash is very impressive! Is there a reason you're doing 2 different CarPCs?
            FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
            My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

jpink: Thank you very much.

There's no really important reason, other than I just had to make something that I know would be a one-of-a-kind setup.
              But I will use it for making different tests, comparing different front-ends, different DAC's, different modules, and such.
              Also I will be able to make some banchmark tests real-time on different systems...

Besides this I have a lot of screens integrated different placed in the car, so I would like to have a many "zones" as possible, to control each zone it self, showing car-logos on one, while movies on the other, and so on

Comment

You must be Cruizer's long lost twin! lol
                FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
                My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

Wow that is f*#king nice work. I am so jealous when people are such awesome fabricators. Why can't a run into any in Miami!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I will say is, why are they both mirroring each other? Should one thing do another? Like Music visuals on one and the song selection on the other. Same with video, etc. CF is really good at assigning what goes to what screen. Its one of the reason I use it for my install.
                  Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by jpinkerton View Post
                    You must be Cruizer's long lost twin! lol
                    Leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Only difference is he is a awesome fabricator and I cant even repair a tiny little hole in plastic, lol.
                    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

ZX1Cruiser: Haha, but your still have a lot more car-pc's than me. I'm behind on that (so far).

Right now they are just connected to the same car-pc for temporary.
                      I'm in the middle of the center-console fabrication (isn't the gear/handbrake box called center-console). This will have system #2 installed, so they will run at each their own system.

Right now I can't even show different sources, as the specific boards doesn't supports extended desktop mode...

Comment

Originally posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
                        W I am so jealous when people are such awesome fabricators. Why can't a run into any in Miami!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I share your feelings buddy. After looking at the pics, I have only one word to say - "EXCELLENT"

Rosie Jonesronald Cruzag

Comment

Working...
                        X