09 civic Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 civic Install

This would be my second install (same parts though hehe). The main parts were from my old 00 civic. Running RR with DFX4 and Garmin Mobile PC.

Opus 150w PSU.

Qstarz GPS.

5Volt 3Amp power inverter for USB hub.

Power cable from battery.(of course not connected yet)

Power cable enters cabin through factory hole from driver side fender.

Power cable ran though driver side to the trunk.

Speaker cables and xenarc video/usb wires run down the center.

Center dash installed (700IDT).

Amp, PSU and Motherboard (K8Upgrade-1689&AMD 2800+) mounted onto the sub box.

Every things coming together.

And its up and running.

Still isn't fully finished, the backup camera isn't working so need to get a new one. Still haven't found a program for hands free to connect to my blackberry. Also need to buy a push button for a reset switch.

All and all a better job than my first install, at least i get some trunk space this way.
    Attached Files

How is that video card secured to the motherboard?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

duct tape?

Comment

lol DP nice catch! Hopefully he has something to keep it in place?
        FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
        My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

its secure enough, AGP video cards have a lock on the back, and on the other side, I've bent the holding plate and secured it with a small brace. If i hadn't bent it, the mobo could not sit flat on the sub box.

Comment

Originally posted by hell167 View Post
            its secure enough, AGP video cards have a lock on the back, and on the other side, I've bent the holding plate and secured it with a small brace. If i hadn't bent it, the mobo could not sit flat on the sub box.
            Keep thinking that.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

you've attached your mobo directly to your sub box ??

something tells me, that that isn't the cleverest thing to do ... at least if you don't have a really, really crappy sub box ...
              http://www.slowriders.nl
              http://www.capricecustoms.nl

Comment

A+ for installing on 8th gen civic (im a 8th civic owner as well) & i been on here for more then 3 yrs still haven't taken the balls to start this.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                  Keep thinking that.
                  well, if i'm not getting any movement, nor any video flickering, I don't really see a problem.

Comment

well, if i'm not getting any movement, nor any video flickering, I don't really see a problem.
                    Damage probably won't be immediate. Your going to rattle your carputer to bits!

Comment

How do you know that video card isn't moving?
                      Do you keep a spotter in your trunk while you drive?

I am certain that the video card is moving around because of the road vibration in addition to the bass from the sub. At some point it will work itself loose. It probably won't pop out of the AGP slot, but the card edge will not make a good solid connection.
                      If this happens while the computer is on (which is likely, since it will happen while you're driving), your system will crash. In addition, there's the possibility of damaging the PC beyond repair, rendering all your hard work and financial investment completely wasted.

I'm not trying to be a dick, here. I'm trying to make you think about your install and how its put together so you can realize the potential issues you face.
                      The hard cold reality is that any PC in a vehicle with unsecured expansion cards (AGP, PCI, PCI-E) is asking for trouble.
                      How about the Wiki?

Comment

isn't it even much better to put your motherboard in any kind of casing or whatsoever?
                        having everything open like this, well... the cooling isn't very good, and offcourse the board can be damaged by loose objects in the trunk. That beside the risk of mounting it to something that is DESIGNED to produce vibrations ....
                        http://www.slowriders.nl
                        http://www.capricecustoms.nl

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                          How do you know that video card isn't moving?
                          Do you keep a spotter in your trunk while you drive?

I am certain that the video card is moving around because of the road vibration in addition to the bass from the sub. At some point it will work itself loose. It probably won't pop out of the AGP slot, but the card edge will not make a good solid connection.
                          If this happens while the computer is on (which is likely, since it will happen while you're driving), your system will crash. In addition, there's the possibility of damaging the PC beyond repair, rendering all your hard work and financial investment completely wasted.

I'm not trying to be a dick, here. I'm trying to make you think about your install and how its put together so you can realize the potential issues you face.
                          The hard cold reality is that any PC in a vehicle with unsecured expansion cards (AGP, PCI, PCI-E) is asking for trouble.
                          Well said DP! That screw hole in the bracket is not there for looks.
                          FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
                          My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

My 7.1 Sound card is now a 2 channel sound card because I didn't secure it. Blew out nearly all the channels when I hit a big bump... Just sayin...

Comment

secure that agp card, the side to side motion will eventually break the solder holding the AGP connector onto your mobo. There is a reason it hasnt been done like this before. You need a backplane that sits vertically so you can screw the card down.

Comment

Working...
                              X