Cover mistake with homemade decal

In console DVD drive

Gutted out console and placed PC components inside

Placed Power Supply, powered usb, and vga splitter under cup holder

Mouse, Keyboard, Wireless XBox controller

Check out my 2006 Yukon XL Project

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ject-pics.html

Cool install.

I liked the CD player, the rearview camera and the accessibility of all components.

You lost a lot of storage space in the console, I would never get away with that (WAF = 0). I believe you have a ton of room behind the dash/center console, no?

One suggestion would be to get a used center console on ebay, hack it, and fit a larger screen to it with a new bezel. I think you could go to a 10.4". A 7" looks tiny in a truck...but if you already have that one, it does not make much sense to get rid of it.

That wireless keyboard is pretty cool.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
      One suggestion would be to get a used center console on ebay, hack it, and fit a larger screen to it with a new bezel. I think you could go to a 10.4". A 7" looks tiny in a truck...but if you already have that one, it does not make much sense to get rid of it.
      LOL, I actually purchased a 10 incher initially, but the wife put her foot down on that one (I'm prone to having the watching and driving syndrome). I also wanted to keep the factory head unit. In the end, we settled on the inconspicuous look. The generic screen looks like a cheap 1din HU when closed. thanks for your response
      Check out my 2006 Yukon XL Project

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ject-pics.html

Comment

Love the amount of room you've got to play with that! Nice work!
        FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
        My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

Like most people, this is my first carpc mod. I'm not all to sure if this whole thing

[QUOTE=RipplingHurst;1393251]Cool install.

I liked the CD player, the rearview camera and the accessibility of all components.

You lost a lot of storage space in the console, I would never get away with that (WAF = 0). I believe you have a ton of room behind the dash/center console, no?

New Bern Classifieds

Comment

Working...
          X