2006 rsx hud...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 rsx hud...

Here's my 99% complete heads up display project. It is not a true HUD in that I went with a specially cut mirror in the end, but only after running into issues with multiple reflections and "ghosting" effects, but it does what I want it to and is upgradeable for other potential uses like GPS directions, ect...

I ended up creating my own carputer that sits under the driver's seat and the following add-ons:
    - 7" xenarc monitor (only one I could find that would create a mirror image)
    - OBD II reader w/USB
    - mouse trackpad mounted by my right knee near the shifter
    - Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard
    - wifi USB dongle (makes updates that much easier)

The heart of it is DashCommand by Palmer Performance. It works great and I ended up modifying one of the Tuxedo DashXL skins to show what I want on the main screen.
    Attached Files

Looking good so far! Do you have a normal touchscreen/system/setup to go with it, something in your dash to compliment this? This would be great as a secondary setup for performance and other clock-like setups!
    Current Worklog: TBA - '05 Rav4 (Mobo Dead).
    www.rav4world.com - Forums for Rav4 owners
    www.flavorfeasts.com - Cooking website/forums
    -Basic forums live atm, come contribute!

Comment

It is not a touch screen mainly because the only monitor that could create a mirror image on its own was not a touch screen. but it works out better this way as the mouse touchpad that I use to navigate the screens. I'd like to make it a dual screen with one in the dash for other diagnostic fun and maybe centrafuse for all of my car audio needs...

Comment

Now that's a unique idea. I too am curious about if you have a 2nd display. Does it affect you view of the road in any way?
        Project X10 Belazer
        Progress: NEVER ENDING!!!
        http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ime-puter.html

Comment

how dare you cut into the psuedo-carbon fiber of my beautiful dash! lol
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Yeah, I was hesitant to cut into it but I had to in order to keep it from obstructing my view. The way it sits now I can see the data in my peripheral without it blocking the road. A 2nd display will be the next step. Just not sure where to put te receiver. Any ideas?

Comment

Any pics of the other stuff? Why relocate the receiver when you can get rid of it...lol
              Project X10 Belazer

Comment

Originally posted by dna59 View Post
                Any pics of the other stuff? Why relocate the receiver when you can get rid of it...lol
                How do you get rid of it and keep the sound system? I know I can run my ipod, xm, and gps through the computer but how do I get that to the speakers without keeping the receiver? I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. at the moment I'm thinking of just moving the receiver the glovebox and installing a touchscreen into its' place.

Comment

All you need is an amp. Run the audio from the PC to the amp. Or yea you could put it in the glovebox. I have mine in the center console storage bin since I can't afford a decent 4/5 channel amp as yet.
                  Project X10 Belazer

Comment

Working...
                  X