2010 Mazda 6 with everything.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Mazda 6 with everything.

Hello everyone, first I would like to say thank you to all of you who have posted their pics online. It's because of your ideas that I am here today.
    Below will be the evolution of my car over the last 2 years from stock to today. Hope you enjoy.
    Stock (Not actually my car here, mine has black interior)

Here is the aftermarket kit being modified to accept a monitor for my carpc. My Iphone ran secondary video and audio.

After this I decided it didn't look right so I took it apart and started over.

I left it like this for a little while then decided it needed something else. (more pics coming soon)
    Last edited by 2013superfly; 11-12-2012, 09:50 PM.

Now with that finally complete I decided I wanted something other than the PC and my Iphone.

Comment

I decided I was missing having a radio so I installed it behind the tablet.

But then decided I hated moving the tablet everytime I wanted to change something.

Next was sound. MB Quart in doors and sub in the rear.

Comment

Impressive fabrication, good use of fleece to get the shapes you want, especially the first time you used it on the screen surround, that came out good. Hopefully mine will work out just as good!!
        2013 Ultima Can Am - Can I fit it with a CarPC?
        MP3Car PC build worklog here
        Facebook full car build here

Comment

This is good inspiration for future builds. I like clean it is. Few questions for you. What amplifiers are you using? Which tablet is that? And I see you have two screens. What is pushing out to the bottom screen? Good work!
          "It's not worth having if you can't customize it"

Comment

Very nice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by duncanator24 View Post
              This is good inspiration for future builds. I like clean it is. Few questions for you. What amplifiers are you using? Which tablet is that? And I see you have two screens. What is pushing out to the bottom screen? Good work!
              Sorry for the delay, I have been busy changing the dash again
              I am using Rockford Fosgate 4 channel on the mids and highs and a 2 channel for the sub.
              The tablet is an Acer Iconia A500. (Which I now have switch to a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0) pictures coming.
              The bottom screen connects to either my Iphone, Ipad mini or my car pc located under the seat.
              Last edited by 2013superfly; 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I decided that I didn't like pulling this thing in and out everywhere I went and it was a little obnoxious So i went to a smaller tab, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and love it!!

Comment

Have you looked into cyanogenmod or other custom ROMs for the tablet? Having more functionality is always a plus. Customized ICS and JB should both be readily available if you do so.

Comment

Ahhh I just noticed the MB Quart Discus. How do those sound? I remember before I got my alpine sub I was looking into that brand.

Comment

I have not tried cyanogenmod. I haven't spent any time with Android so I am a bit nervous about doing any mods but I just started to look into them. I have JB all of my IPhones so I am a little familiar with the process but only from what I have read on the internet.
                      I love the MB Quartz. All of the speakers in the car are Quartz. They don't require a ton of power but stay clear at any volume. The sub gives a nice solid sound with a good bass response but not too boomy. I listen to a lot of movies (yes listen ) so I want a clean sub sound if that makes sense.

Comment

Maybe I missed it so if I did I am sorry...what did you use for that blue material to make the monitor mount?

Comment

Originally posted by DracoPCGuy View Post
                          Maybe I missed it so if I did I am sorry...what did you use for that blue material to make the monitor mount?
                          It is actually a blue tee shirt. All of my fiberglass work starts with a tee shirt. They are cheap, sand very easy and I have plenty. It also shapes with no problem because it stretches in any direction. If it needs more strength then I add fleece or fiberglass mat. But usually tee shirts are all I need for this type of project.

Comment

Working...
                          X