No announcement yet.

Added Carputer, HDTV, 2 Recording webcams for Traffic and Backseats,ETC to Prius 2007

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added Carputer, HDTV, 2 Recording webcams for Traffic and Backseats,ETC to Prius 2007

Hello, i have had this car since 2007 an my kids have always been fighting in the back of my Prius so i have installed a DVD player and a HDTV.

About 3 years later when my baby daughter was born i installed a Carputer

(Computer+Car, ill talk about it later.) which also recorded a webcam i installed in the front and back of the car.
    The front webcam is a 81.1 degree angle camera which is recording the front traffic ahead in case there is a car crash.

The back webcam is a 102 degree camera to record the kids as evidence of their fights.

I also installed 2 wireless Logitech Rumble-pad 2

for the boy's video games and such; a middle touchscreen console to duplicate the HDTV's screen so my daughter can open movies herself
    ; and also a wireless keyboard/mouse thing.

Last edited by derekc; 04-02-2013, 09:50 PM.

Looks good, apparently this forum is dead because nobody is replying

Forum's not dead, we are just slow this time of year.

Interesting install. Glad you like it.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the Store

Thank You
        I did

Do you plan on covering the mount for the large LCD Screen?

Otherwise it seems okay, glad you enjoy it.

do you miss your back window with a screen that big back there? Maybe its just the perspective, but I'd go nuts looking in the rearview and seeing nothing but screen lol. Nice install!
   Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

I really like this! I am researching to do something similar in my Expedition. I want to have a dedicated screen for movies for my daughter then a smaller screen on the passenger dash for wife to surf the net and a dash monitor for me to keep an eye on obd2 info. I really like your set up!