2001 E430 (W210) Parrot Asteroid Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 E430 (W210) Parrot Asteroid Install

First off I have to say that I wish I found this forum earlier. My install seems kinda lame compared to all the things you guys are doing. Anyway, here are a few pics of my asteroid smart going into my E430. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	2310912Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2310913Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	2310914Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	2310915Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	2310918Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	2310916Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	2310919
    Attached Files

That's a sweet setup! I actually just saw those headunits today online for the first time and happened to stumble on this thread. Are you happy with the performance so far? Unfortunately they're not compatible for my infiniti or i'd absolutely get one.

Comment

Im very impressed with it so far. I still want to explore the other GPS apps, but so far it's pretty awesome. The only thing I'm having trouble with is integrating my steering wheel controls with it. My CANbus system is a little unusual. Why isn't it compatible with your infinity?

Comment

The climate control and maintenance reminders/fuel Econ system all display on the main screen so if I removed it to install the asteroid I'd lose all that.

How does it perform gps functions? Do you have maps downloaded or do you use a wifi hotspot? What GPS apps are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by RemmyZero View Post
          The climate control and maintenance reminders/fuel Econ system all display on the main screen so if I removed it to install the asteroid I'd lose all that.

How does it perform gps functions? Do you have maps downloaded or do you use a wifi hotspot? What GPS apps are you using?
          The application it comes with is called "iGo." It's not bad, but it's not the greatest either. I get the impression that it was designed with the UK in mind as opposed to the states. The unit gets its signal from an external USB GPS antenna. The maps are stored on an SD card which enables it to function without an internet connection.

I've also sideloaded Googlemaps which works pretty well, but only when its tethered with my phone. There are a lot of other GPS apps out there that I have yet to experiment with though.

Comment

Working...
          X