2003 Crown Victoria P71 custom center console with tablet integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Crown Victoria P71 custom center console with tablet integration

I didn't do anything ground breaking here in terms of android integration, but it was a fun project and I'm proud of the outcome.

Components are:

Nexus 7
    Galaxy Nexus
    Clarion EQ
    Precision Power Amplifier
    Sony Component Front Speakers
    Stock Rear Speakers
    JBL Subwoofer

Start with a cardboard template

After lots of cutting

Had to have cupholders

Built in some power points for inside the arm rest. Constant power to the USB and switched to the standard plug.

Now comes for the hard part, tablet integration. I ordered some pogo pins.

And success

Time to cover the unpleasant wood, started with the arm rest for its simple shape.

Carpeted the inside of the console, that wire is the second input for the equalizer and how I get phone audio in.

A little more...

And done

Once I had all the material in around the tablet I lost alignment of the pogo pins so I'm now thinking of a new way to locate the pins precisely and get it powered again.

And here's my main screen. I only use Torque or Waze so I didn't bother with any of those car home apps. I did test out several of them and was not happy. I am on the hunt for an app that will automatically flip between Waze and Torque on its own every 30 seconds or something like that though.

I also had a little fun with the trunk and some LED lighting.

White light for practicality

And to play into the police theme

Trunk is still a work in progress since I'm trying to setup an air suspension. Need to find a clean way to get an air tank, compressor, and a bunch of other nonsense in there as tightly as possible.
    Last edited by Hubbard 0; 04-03-2014, 11:38 PM.

Nice and clean look, Look's real good SNO

Comment

I like the console. Cool man.

I'm working on a tablet install in my truck also.

Comment

Looks good, like the gauges around the perimeter of the screen!
        My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

Comment

I'm about to embark on v2.0 of my center console. Having used it for a few years now, the suede has gotten dirty and I've found some things I'd like to change or improve. I broke my Nexus 7 awhile back, but my GF has one as well that I'll be integrating with a more permanent and better looking solution.

I've also redone almost all of my audio setup. I left it half finished when I started this thread and it's much prettier now.

The components

Amplifier layout

New subwoofer and box

Finished product. Flush, takes up almost no space, and clean looking.

This is everyone's favorite equalizer, the Clarion EQS746. With those bright *** blue LEDs, it didn't match the rest of the car and was a distraction at night. You'll notice the 3 knobs on the left are brighter. I did this intentionally since those are the ones that get the most use. Should it prove to still be too bright at night, it will also at least be easier to block by resting my hand on it.

Started with some new 3mm LEDs. From my short research, blue and green LEDs seem to share the same general specs as far as voltage requirements.

Here's what we all know and love.

Blown apart

Up close

Completed

All done
          Last edited by Hubbard 0; 10-20-2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I like that EQ, I have one in my Jetta, it gives you a great hardware volume control as well as sub level.
            My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

Comment

Sweet job on those leds . That's much easier on the eyes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG View Post
                I like that EQ, I have one in my Jetta, it gives you a great hardware volume control as well as sub level.
                They're fantastic. I had to buy my second one just this year. I got the first one in 2010 or so and it had been in 3 or 4 different cars, so it was a warrior. The face plate is a completely different color even, it's so sun faded.

Comment

Working...
                X