256Mb ram
    80G HD
    Ati Radeon 7000
    Creative SoundBlaster Live!--> Sony CDX-M630 head unit

Zippy Illuminated keyboard
    WinLirc remote control
    Cirque EasyCat touch pad
    USB Delorme Earthmate GPS
    In-dash VGA screen (upgraded from composite TM-701L )

Information sources

www.mp3car.com (would like to thanks everyone at this forum for their invaluable information)
    www.google.com

The setup!!

infrared receiver integrated into the touch pad housing..

in-dash VGA screen (upgrade from TM-701L composite by www.digitalww.com)

system at night!

behind the scene!!

Delorme USB GPS receiver

Very nice!!!

I'd like to see the trunk part a little more with the wires cleaned up a bit...Great job. Must look sweet at night.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Man that sony headunit is sweet. Nice install on the dash there but you gotta get a smaller case for the trunk mount computer. I like the media engine interface you got going there, again nice setup. Now i gotta get me a keyboard like that for my visor when $ permit.
      GTI - Palm IIIe controlled with Radio faceplate hack for keyboard control of WinAmp w/ Vocal Genre playlist loading.
      VW Bus - 10.4" vga lcd. Loaded with same software as above.

Comment

why bother when youre not gonna have passengers in your trunk? =)

whats the thing on the inverter?
        -
        My cars
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
          Very nice!!!

I'd like to see the trunk part a little more with the wires cleaned up a bit...Great job. Must look sweet at night.

Thanks,

I just got the In-win L545 case the other day and did not have time to swap the case and clean up the wires yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jol
            why bother when youre not gonna have passengers in your trunk? =)

whats the thing on the inverter?
            Those are the filter caps (266000uF) on top of the inverter and also act as a tank circuit when I start the engine. It works in conjunction with the gel cell (not shown in the picture). Wire length is very important that is why it sits right on top of the inverter. It really helps to suppress noises and spikes generated by the inverter.

Comment

Very nice setup. Is your license plate all H's? Also, if you didnt have the tank circuit would the PC reboot on crank? Or is it so the voltage drops dont hurt anything? My PC doesnt restart on cranking but if its not good for it I will avoid it.

Comment

Very nice! I wish I could get my car as clean as that. Any products that you use that you'd recommend to someone (Zaino, etc?). I have a few hundred paint chips I need to kill on my hood
                2000 Ford Focus ZTS

Comment

Originally posted by ELEmental59437
                  Very nice setup. Is your license plate all H's? Also, if you didnt have the tank circuit would the PC reboot on crank? Or is it so the voltage drops dont hurt anything? My PC doesnt restart on cranking but if its not good for it I will avoid it.

Thanks, No..the license plate is not all H's.. I wish . My system draw a lot of current even when it idle.~ 6 Amps, and when I crank without the tank circuit, it'll definitely reboot because the battery voltage dip as low as 8 Volts.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxis24
                    Very nice! I wish I could get my car as clean as that. Any products that you use that you'd recommend to someone (Zaino, etc?). I have a few hundred paint chips I need to kill on my hood

Thanks,

I didn't use anything special, just Turtle Wax Zip Wax car wash.

Comment

Man, it's still a shame Honda discontinued the prelude.

Thats a VERY smooth install. I assume your planning on ducting the trunk muffin fan into your case for superior cooling? Nice intergration of the Cirque. Did you paint it or did it come that color?

Comment

Originally posted by Skippman
                        Man, it's still a shame Honda discontinued the prelude.

Thats a VERY smooth install. I assume your planning on ducting the trunk muffin fan into your case for superior cooling? Nice intergration of the Cirque. Did you paint it or did it come that color?
                        Thanks,

Yeah.. I need to improve the cooling in the trunk, it got pretty hot after 1 hours of driving yesterday when it was 30C outside. I painted the case to match the console..

Comment

With the Filter Caps...Where did you get them or can you give me a link to figure out how to make them? I am getting alot of buzz coming out of my system from my 400 watt inverter. I appreciate your help 98_Prelude.
                          If I can't win, then I won't let you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rom
                            With the Filter Caps...Where did you get them or can you give me a link to figure out how to make them? I am getting alot of buzz coming out of my system from my 400 watt inverter. I appreciate your help 98_Prelude.
                            Did you try gounding the computer chassis to the car? It got rid of 100% of the buzz for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rom
                              I got the parts from the local electronics store, you can also order from Digi-key. Get some 0.1uF non-polarized polyester cap and some HQ (high frequency) cap and connect them in parallel. Like ELEmental said, try grounding your computer case to ground, also remove the filter cap from the PSU. But for me, those cap really help to eliminate noises and interferences with other components, especially the LCD screen and the wireless mouse and keyboard that I had before.

Comment

Working...
                              X