Davi's SmartStang Mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davi's SmartStang Mustang

Hey I finally got my pictures taken of my system, they are up on yahoo until I can find a better host, more information and better pictures to come, I'm really tired right now though.
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mic...tos.yahoo.com/

I like.. IF you Did this install your self. You did hell a job.. By the way this is close to what i am doing except the carputer is going somewhere else and i am just got done build my comp I Would like to know what kind of fans you running for the amp and how many?

Comment

Very nice look...Wish I could see it in person...
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Nice to have another Stang owner on the forums. VERY clean install. I look forward to more extensive pictures.
        90% Done
        60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
        Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
        Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
        All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
        Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

is that a blue intel toliet seat? If so that would making popping a squat more interesting
          btw that is a very tight clean install.
          Schweet Job
          Originally posted by menudude
          thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Sweet setup specially them Rockfords.
            What im curently listening to.
            My complete carpc setup

Comment

How do you like that Lanzar?

See em on Ebay all the time, never knew anyone who used it.
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Yes, my brother and I did the entire install ourselves. The blue intel toilet seat is a wireless gamepad, it also doubles as a mouse. The lanzar is great, I was suprised at how clear the picture was when I bought it, I got it refurb from Ebay for $340, my neighbor has the Pioneer equivalent and the picture on the Lanzar is better than picutre on his Pioneer. I've added a few more pictures to the yahoo photo album, if anyone knows of a good place that will host pictures for free please let me know. -Davi

Comment

TheForumIsDown ?

Nice job BTW. Is that a VGA LCD or not? If I could get a VGA touch in-dash LCD for $340, it would be here *now*! I think I'm going with a 7" VGA touch non-in-dash for $400..
                  1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Not a VGA LCD or touchscreen, as you'll notice in the pics I have an infrared reciever by the gear stick, I have an input plugin for winamp and can control the music using the remote that came with the screen. I have it running 640x480 res w/extra large appearance scheme, and I can see all the word on everything as clear as day. -Davi

Comment

Great setup! I really like it...I'm looking for ways to clean things up in my hatch & I think you gave me a few ideas! It's also nice to see another member close to the Charleston area!

Phil

Car: 1990 White Toyota Celica GT Hatchback, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter, AutoVation Celica Racing Pedals
                      PC: Athlon TB 1000, Opus DC-DC Power Supply, 40GB, 8x DVD, 256MB RAM, FM/TV Tuner, 5.1 Audio, 7" Xenarc Touchscreen, GPS w/ CoPilot 2003, 802.11g wireless NIC
                      System: Hifonics ZX8000 5ch amp, Sony XS-L101P5 10" Sub, Q-Logic .6 cu ft sealed enclosure
                      Coming Soon: Clean install in custom hatch enclosure, USB 2.0 or Firewire hub in front console, Slot DVD in front console, VHF/UHF antenna

Comment

Hey, where'd ya get that rear cam anyways? looks cool.
                        90% Done
                        Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup

Comment

My Amp is a 2 channel 150 watt RF with a Ford Symbol in the middle, when I first put it in I did some experiments to see if a fan was actually needed, I've been running it like it is with no fans for about 6 months now with absolutely no problems.

The Rear cam is a pixera, it is not made for what I used it for, it was marketed as a "spy cam", I got it refurb from compgeeks.com for $15 about 6 months ago.

Comment

do you ever have to worry about it getting wet?
                            90% Done

Comment

well when I pulled it out of my junk drawer and decided to mount on on the trunk I figured if it got wet and fried it then it wasn't a big loss, the way it is situated by my plate it doesn't really get wet unless I was my car, it doesn't work after I wash my car but when it dries it works perfectly fine again, one of these days I'm sure it will poop out completely but I'm not really worried about it, who really needs a rear view cam on a Mustang anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X