Display: GAIN 7inch Touchscreen LCD

Information Sources:
    mp3car
    Volvospeed

Pictures:

Final Install Pictures

Everything Else
    Progress here: http://www.siriuscybernetics.net

Hey how did you mount your screen? Thats exactly how i want mine to be mounted, got any pics of it showing how its mounted?
    Cool install
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
      Hey how did you mount your screen? Thats exactly how i want mine to be mounted, got any pics of it showing how its mounted?
      Cool install
      I bought a 2nd radio for my car off of ebay. I then gutted it, removed the front and used the frame. It worked rather nicely. If you click on the everything else pictues, and then click on LCD Mount you can see some shots of it.

Comment

thats pretty nice.
        I wish i had a double din so i could do the same.

beer replenishment fund
        mp3car live search

Comment

I've got the same single din problem. I bet if you got the single din mounting box, you could do something with that. I got this for .99 on eBay. I am going to use this, an underdash mounting kit and the indash mounting kit for the LCD on top of my dash. I'll post pictures when I am mostly done. It will be double ugly at first, but I'll work on that. The pictures attached are of the parts I'm going to use to make my "above the dash" mounting kit.

Peter

thats pretty nice.
          I wish i had a double din so i could do the same.
          Attached Files
          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Chut

I look forward to seeing how you set it up, not sure what the second pic is or where it fits in on your setup.

The last pic-

Are you buying a new screen or just the part that the screen folds into?
            I have a single din, but it is possible for me to do a double DIN conversion for my car (VW Passat) but i wasnt going to do it because the screen i had wasnt a fold out din type like the las pic you posted. Its the DS700YVV from DSCustoms. Can you buy the part that the screen folds into seperately? And can my screen fit into one of these. If so then ill do the double din conversion and it will solve all my mounting problems.

TIA

beer replenishment fund
            mp3car live search

Comment

Hi,

Actually, at this point, I have already bought all that I need, I'm just waiting to take delivery on all of it. I'm buying just the part that the screen mounts into. I got it from www.DigitalWW.com PM from here seems to work best for purchases. I already have the 700TS USB from Xenarc. I plan on mounting the touchscreen into the box with sliders. Mounting the box with sliders into the single din chassis upside down and then mounting the two parts into the underdash kit which I then flip over and mount on top of the center dash in my roadster. Either that or buy an EQ and get rid of my head unit. Then install it in place of the headunit. But then I loose my XM radio. I am bidding on an EQ on eBay right now...so we'll see how that goes.

Chut

I look forward to seeing how you set it up, not sure what the second pic is or where it fits in on your setup.

The last pic-

Are you buying a new screen or just the part that the screen folds into?
              I have a single din, but it is possible for me to do a double DIN conversion for my car (VW Passat) but i wasnt going to do it because the screen i had wasnt a fold out din type like the las pic you posted. Its the DS700YVV from DSCustoms. Can you buy the part that the screen folds into seperately? And can my screen fit into one of these. If so then ill do the double din conversion and it will solve all my mounting problems.

TIA

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chut
                I plan on mounting the touchscreen into the box with sliders. Mounting the box with sliders into the single din chassis upside down ...
                Where can I find that kind of housing or box with sliders. I would also do that kind of install if I only could find the box. I'm harvesting equipment for my carputer and looking about everything I could use.

Comment

I got it from www.DigitalWW.com by sending a PM to digitalww from here, which seems to work best for purchases. I got the Pioneer EQ 6500 on eBay last nite for 61.00. It's has nine bands, low pass, high pass a ten decibel gain on the sub, two input to five output and even has amber illumination to match my interior. Once I rip out the DEH-P8400 I'll install the monitor into my dash instead of on my dash, run the soundcard from my laptop to the EQ mounted somewhere, I haven't decided yet. That will run into the front, rear and sub inputs on the kenwood amplifier. the amp is connected to two 5.25 inch kenwoods in the kick panels, two 4 inch round in the rear and a 6' sub in the center console. 700 Watts RMS. It should make quite a show. The motorized mount would be cooler, but I didn't want it. Anyway, I won't be cutting up my car so that makes me even happier. Next I need to think about beefier drivers for the sound system. But that will have to wait.
                  Peter

Originally posted by Doggyboy
                  Where can I find that kind of housing or box with sliders. I would also do that kind of install if I only could find the box. I'm harvesting equipment for my carputer and looking about everything I could use.

Comment

naevity - Site is down, all of them
                    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

They should be back working now. webhost had a hiccup today.

Comment

Well, after driving around for a few months, everything was going well until i had to commute over the Big Dig in Boston once a week for the past 10 weeks. The tobin bridge alone killed my harddrive once. After a reformat/reinstall it worked great again...for about 2 weeks until Route 1A. So, i am undergoing a relocation back to the case I bought, and into the trunk. I can better shock mount it there, and i think in the case everything will be more secure.

AND I have to ship my 90watt opus back to get fixed, i finally got it out of my car this week shipping out tomorrow.

Ill post when its working again. im going to miss it. Figures right when mediaengine 2.0 is out. :\

Comment

Well, this computer has moved onto greener pastures. First the opus didn't work in the cold, when that was shipped off to get replaced, my amp broke. The final nail in the coffin was I decided to sell the car and buy a new one.

The old pictures still reside here

Comment

It has been almost 3 years since I started this project, and almost 2 years since I sold the car. I am getting ready to sell my current car, and I'm already planning a carputer for the replacement.

I have moved all my old pictures into a photo gallery. Hopefully they can help other people who have Volvo 850's. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                            X