The Lost Cause: Look ma! less wires!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lost Cause: Look ma! less wires!!

So I got off my *** and finished the power wiring in my car. Everything looks much cleaner now in the front seat. I have Cig lighter back, and a nice little switch that shuts everything down in case I get pulled over. The wire could be routed better, but it works, and I know the solder will hold up.
    Attached Files
    A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

What all are you running that you feel you need to have a concealed kill switch for? Heh.. I had my LCD (in silver case, no less) sitting in between the seats and the cop didn't notice.. It was off tho
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

For one thing, it lets me turn off the GPS and screen when my system is off, or I don't want to waste battery power.

also, shutting the thing off when you get pulled over doesn't seem like a bad idea either.
      A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
      http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

i have a kill switch for valet parking, just cuts the 12v trigger circuit for the opus

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

why would you worry about a cop seeing it? its just your music player, whats this difference between this and those pioneer screensaver ones. thats just me though
          92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

I got pulled over by a state trooper and had my screen turned toward me with the GPS running, hoping that the trooper would ask me about it and forget about the ticket. He just stared at it a minute then wrote me the ticket for 60 in a 45. He never even mentioned it.
            www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

i dont think you have anything to worry about unless your watching a movie or something
              92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

And for movies, we have fast access to GPS Heh
                1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Originally posted by guitar333
                  why would you worry about a cop seeing it? its just your music player, whats this difference between this and those pioneer screensaver ones. thats just me though

Let me say this (I live in AZ tho) I have been pulled over MANY times for having my screen out (EQ) and was given a ticket. I goto court, and the charge is droped!

Its a pan in the *** and YOU MUST show proff to what was going on. (I used a Cam to show a video of the EQ playing.) I would say I have about 7 tickets JUST from my T.V.

Its only a 100.00 charge here tho!

Comment

Working...
                  X