Ah Finally...2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII CarPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah Finally...2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII CarPC

I must first say "Thanks" to many of the members of this forum. Without you, I would not be here today(sniff, sniff).....and I'd be a lot richer!

I finally sat down and put together a web page about my CarPC Project. I have been enjoying it so much that I have been delaying documenting it. Here's a link to it...

http://www.smanders.com/evo/carpc.html

Let me know what you think...
    EvoX CarPC (in progress)

Acer Aspire One, OpenPort 2.0 cable, 12V car power adapter, ignition timed relay to unused pins on Ethernet port
    Rhapsody, EcoScan, EcuFlash and still trying to make up my mind

EvoVIII CarPC retired

Looks great- very slick. Nice car too! Good to see people interested in WRC over there.
    Oh yeah, what used to be where your head unit is now?
    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

Comment

Your Mitsubishi is a beast: 370Nm @ 3500rpm for a 2l engine...nice. I guess the hp increases respectively with the $$$ of the car : )
      Danny.

"If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
      My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

Comment

Hows that mic working for ya?
        2011 Nissan Frontier SL
        AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
        OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

So, you're writing your own OBDII software, eh? I'll be doing that too

with slick DirectX graphics

Comment

You have the same head unit that I do!
            A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
            http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
              Looks great- very slick. Nice car too! Good to see people interested in WRC over there.
              Oh yeah, what used to be where your head unit is now?
              Thanks. I'm anxious to see what Mitsu does next year in the WRC. Hopefully SOMETHING. The Evo8 is dominating the SCCA ProRally here in the states. David Higgins is a great driver.

I haven't watched the Italy rally yet. Its waiting on my TiVo.

It was just an empty cubby for storage. You can buy a part from Mitsubishi that replaces the cubby with a DIN. Worked out real nice. I was used to my old mitsu eclipse where I could adjust the volume with my hand on the shift knob. Now I have that again. I also am glad the screen is up high on the dash so that I can still see out if I happen to glance at the screen. Or if I am tinkering at a stoplight, I can still see when the light turns green or the cars move in front of me.
              EvoX CarPC (in progress)

Acer Aspire One, OpenPort 2.0 cable, 12V car power adapter, ignition timed relay to unused pins on Ethernet port

EvoVIII CarPC retired

Comment

The install Looks Great

How do you like the monitor ?

Armen
                http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Nice install!

Nice car!

I'm VERY jealous!! I've always been an Evo man, not a rexboy!

Garry
                  Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                  www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                    The install Looks Great

How do you like the monitor ?

Armen
                    Thanks...

I must say the screen is great. I am impressed with how it auto sizes the images and can run so many resolutions. I also like how when you rotate the screen out, it secures the mechanism from sliding back in the dash. I was a little worried about that since my DIN is tilted back. The touchscreen is even easier to use than expected.

I would have one request from the touchscreen driver. When using the right click button, it covers a part on the screen that I use quite often. It would be nice if there was a driver that worked like the PocketPC interface. If you touch and hold in the same spot for more than a second or two, it changes it into a right click. Just a thought. Who writes the touchscreen drivers? Maybe that could be a configurable option.

Overall a Great Product!

Thanks Armen
                    EvoX CarPC (in progress)

EvoVIII CarPC retired

Comment

one of my fave installs. GREAT!!
                      92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

have you tried if the program of obd at www.obd-2.com works with the scantool interface you are using ????
                        ALIBABA - I30 99
                        Nemiah M10000, C134
                        DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
                        GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
                        Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
                        Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
                        Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

Comment

Forget the carputer!!! NICE CAR!!! I love the EVOs!!!

J/K...Nice setup!!!
                          Aura MR62 (F and R)
                          My Current MP3s
                          IamDefiler.com

Comment

nice and clean, I like it!!
                            Check out the progress of my carputer at http://www.monkeytails.net

Comment

Originally posted by skassama
                              have you tried if the program of obd at www.obd-2.com works with the scantool interface you are using ????
                              I see his own cable for $122. I have the ElmElectronics cable used by the scantool.net software and "Jeff's" cables http://www.planetfall.com/~jeff/obdii/ which works with opendiag, freediag, vagcom, and maybe more.

Which cable is obd-2 cable use? Or is it his own unique cable? I tried both mine and neither seemed to work.

smanders
                              EvoX CarPC (in progress)

EvoVIII CarPC retired

Comment

Working...
                              X