MP3 Silverado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Silverado

Alright... time to do this the right way.

Project Vitals:
    MP3 Silverado
    1984 Chevrolet C10 Silverado 5.0L

Stereo:
    Shatter RM1002MP3

Carputer:
    None

Owner Comments:
    Yes it's a MP3CD Player. Call me lazy but space is at a premium and i'd rather have my jumper cables than a Carputer.

wow, moderator and no carputer?
    92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

Originally posted by guitar333
      wow, moderator and no carputer?
      believe it or not none of the admins have carputers

Comment

Originally posted by bgoodman

wtf ?
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

if i understand this right.. all the people running this site have no CARPUTER? thats some ****ed up ****.

Comment

You MUST be kidding!

Totally unacceptable. Anyone willing to start a new forum?!

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1
              if i understand this right.. all the people running this site have no CARPUTER? thats some ****ed up ****.
              What is to understand.... It was typed clearly.
              TruckinMP3
              D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by bgoodman

ohh no.. that's exactly the motivation that I need...
                [....99.9%]
                [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                [....99.8%]
                [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Acctually NONE of the members here have carputers.

You see a long long time ago MP3car.com was created to explore the unknown, push peoples minds, and make people spend money. So when Microsoft and Intel got together they created this site and hired a bunch of geeks to post edited photos of what they would LIKE to have in their car. This would make poeple go out and buy parts and Operating Systems to TRY and make this work.

So, time went on and something happened M$ and Intel didn't expect. VIA came out with a decient MB that was small and worked for this type of application and, M$ saw some, but not most, people starting to use Linix. This just lit a fire under their bums. This resulted in M$ and Intel giving the web site to the geeks, as a tax write off, and now here we are. We just keep the fire burning.

Granted, I was not an original employee but I was contacted by one of the moderators, I won't mention any names to protect them, to join the mp3car team and keep the dream alive. To this day I still don't know what the dream is but I am determined to find out.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                    Acctually NONE of the members here have carputers.

You see a long long time ago MP3car.com was created to explore the unknown, push peoples minds, and make people spend money. So when Microsoft and Intel got together they created this site and hired a bunch of geeks to post edited photos of what they would LIKE to have in their car. This would make poeple go out and buy parts and Operating Systems to TRY and make this work.

So, time went on and something happened M$ and Intel didn't expect. VIA came out with a decient MB that was small and worked for this type of application and, M$ saw some, but not most, people starting to use Linix. This just lit a fire under their bums. This resulted in M$ and Intel giving the web site to the geeks, as a tax write off, and now here we are. We just keep the fire burning.

Granted, I was not an original employee but I was contacted by one of the moderators, I won't mention any names to protect them, to join the mp3car team and keep the dream alive. To this day I still don't know what the dream is but I am determined to find out.
                    If i were you i'd start to watch your back, Mr. Anderson.

Comment

wtf, that makes no sence
                      92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

Who cares if he doesn't have a carputer? This site is MP3car.com, he's playing mp3's. I think it's perfectly acceptable. The users are the ones that keep it going, moderater's add organization to the forums to keep them in check. In fact a lot of people don't have carputers, but no one is getting upset at them. I'm saying to keep an open mind and realize that what he's got is an mp3car.
                        My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                        2 Kicker Comp 10"
                        Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                        Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                        Check it out?!

Comment

actually an mp3truck... but whatever

Comment

Wow... I just found this. That's just mindboggling. It's like working for tech support and not owning a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderon
                              Wow... I just found this. That's just mindboggling. It's like working for tech support and not owning a computer.
                              Not really the same. The moderators are more like the managers at the support center. They just keep things running smooth. The support techs are the other people that post here.
                              7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                              ATVMS.com

Comment

Working...
                              X