• Show
Clear All

• New Toyota LandCruiser ( ToyPuter )

Here we go ....

Just need to build a proper cover for my laptop

Your comments ....

Regards,

LynxParis

Pretty cool, I'd personally like the LCD closer to the drivers seat myself though. Also, work on cleaning up all those wires running everywhere in back.

Can you tell us more about the system? How is it connected to your stereo? What can it do? What are the specs on the laptop?

Oh, and shame on you for driving one of those behemoths. I hate those things so much.
    A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

Man ! That HU is begging "Take me out of here and put that Lilliput touchscreen insted!!!!" LOL

Btw, lynxparis, aren't you frightened about thieves with that OBIOUS screen up there? An same question, specs?

Congratulations !

Comment

Configuration Toyputer

Screen : Lilliput 7" XGA Touchscreen
        Laptop : Toshiba Portege 7200 DVD ( 40Go, 256 Mo )
        FM Modulator Clarion
        PC Car Soft : Mediacar ( simply the Best at the moment )

Waiting for : Holux GPS 230 Bluetooth next week

Regards,

Lynxparis

Comment

Few questions - whats the thing powering the laptop? Whats it plugged into?

and also, how good would you rate the FM modulator?

Comment

Originally posted by nightshift
            Few questions - whats the thing powering the laptop? Whats it plugged into?

and also, how good would you rate the FM modulator?

It is a laptop dc power adaptor ( Portable Add-ons ).

I will rate the FM Modulator 7 /10.

Comment

Can you turn the laptop on from the front or do you need to go to the trunk to turn it on?

Comment

do you have the sound from the laptop hooked up the the stock head-unit? if so, how did you do it?

Comment

with a hole in my dash that big the head unit would be so gone! but then again I'm not worried about resale. No one in my family has ever sold a car... always have to pay to take 'em away after they've literally been driven into the ground
                  car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
                    with a hole in my dash that big the head unit would be so gone! but then again I'm not worried about resale. No one in my family has ever sold a car... always have to pay to take 'em away after they've literally been driven into the ground

Pay to take them away ! Hell even the salvage guys around here will come pick it up and write you a $50 check.
                    [H]4 Life
                    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

I called two junk yards to see what they could do with the last two cars (89 honda civic SI w/300k and 91 ford explorer with 95k (POS!)). Both wanted $50 just to tow them away!

Hello cancer research and tax deduction!

Comment

I plug the sound from the jack out from my laptop to the FM modulator which is conected to my Car stereo system ( 9 speakers ) .

DC

Comment

I wounder if there are any other ways to hook it in. maybe a cd changer connection on the back of the HU? IMO FM mods are probably butchering the sound quality in what sounds like a nice system.

Comment

Cool, my friend was going to put a docking station in his trunk.

He had problems with powering USB devices though, not enough 5 volt power. He never got a Radio Shack 5 volt power unit for the car though.

You can always run a wire to a button and tap into the docking stations power button if you wanna have access to it in front.

The great thing about a laptop, is it has it's own battery and won't reboot from a crank and you can set it to standby when the battery goes into use.
                            SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                            GPSing - Digital Speedo
                            Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                            Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
                              I called two junk yards to see what they could do with the last two cars (89 honda civic SI w/300k and 91 ford explorer with 95k (POS!)). Both wanted $50 just to tow them away!

Hello cancer research and tax deduction!

No No NO ! You don't call the junkyard. You call the people that recycle metal.

Sorry, should have been more clear.
                              [H]4 Life
                              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X