Dodge Neon Carputer /7" Touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Neon Carputer /7" Touchscreen

I'm starting this project I already made the custom case for the LCD but I don't like it, I will use my other dash and make a smaller case and make the front of the LCD flush with the dash

The Carputer will consist on a small motherboard with a :
    AMD Duron 1.3ghz processor
    40GBn Hard drive
    512mb ram
    64mb Video
    DVD rom
    USB TV/FM tuner
    USB Deluo GPS
    Mini Wireless Keyboard with built in mouse
    7" lilliput Touchscreen lcd
    300watts DC/AC inverter with a backup battery
    and more when I gte more $$$

I might be using a Laptop without screen as a computer if the power supply and battery gives me trouble. a laptop is safer and if I turn off the car it will still have power running on batteries, I don't know yet.

Any opinions?

Carlos C

nice case for the motherboard is that a tool case? nice project.

Comment

Looking good so far. I like the brushed skin. Not too much flash but just right. Awesome case I idea. Keep us posted.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Don't those toolcase produce a lot of static? That could possibly be real devastating to your PC. I would possibly try and get an aluminum toolcase or maybe get something to insulate the case with.

How hot does that case get? I like it but I think the case fan should be blowing in towards the CPU Heat sink and fan. Otherwise you may be creating more heat since the CPU fan isnt getting enough air to cool it down. Maybe put a 2nd fan in the case one to suck in air other to suck out. Is that a custom dash? Looks real nice.

Comment

fans

I don't know much about the static but The CPU has the stock fan plus the big one ON top the cpu fan double fan setup , the case will have 3 more fans (1)pushing air to the stock small CPU fan, (1)pushing air to the inside of the case and (2) at the other end PULLING out the hot air.

Something like this

Comment

What motherboard is that? Looks like my elitegroup k7som+
            http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/pd_sp...product_id=317
            Project looks good!

Comment

Off Topic, but alphonsus you stole my Avatar!!
              OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
              www.whipflash.com
              Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

who had theirs first?

Comment

I'd say the one registrering 2 years before the other, and the one having sixteen times more posts
                  -
                  My cars
                  -

Comment

what steering wheel is that? it looks a lot like a momo jet black, but its flat on the bottom... Where did u get it, how much?

Comment

Apc

Originally posted by WebGeek
                      what steering wheel is that? it looks a lot like a momo jet black, but its flat on the bottom... Where did u get it, how much?
                      This is a APC steering wheel, I got it for $70 ebay have them cheaper

Comment

I was all over the tool case idea for the first install of my pc, until my car got broken into and all they took was the tools in it (thank goodness my pc was in the house at the time). Now it's built into the dash.
                        Nice job on the Neon BTW.
                        2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

Case

Originally posted by Jackso
                          I was all over the tool case idea for the first install of my pc, until my car got broken into and all they took was the tools in it (thank goodness my pc was in the house at the time). Now it's built into the dash.
                          Nice job on the Neon BTW.
                          I just finish the case, and it will be bolted in the trunk, to finish my project I need a 4ch amp to connect the PC to the car speakers

Comment

Possible pictures of this?

All the pictures are missing

I want to add a touch screen to my 2002 Dodge Neon SE. Anyone have these?

Comment

They are probably missing because of the age of the thread...
                              Aura MR62 (F and R)
                              My Current MP3s
                              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Working...
                              X