Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im baaaaaaaaaack!!!! My New Car's showcase!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im baaaaaaaaaack!!!! My New Car's showcase!!

After a long time of being MIA. Reason being I have been working pretty hard on this project, and I was on a Coast Guard deployment down in Colombia.

Heres the link

There is a good ammount of pictures. If you would be so kind and if you like anything you see, please post comments in my guestbook.

If not any replies here would be greatly apreciated as well.

Hope you all like it.
    What im curently listening to.
    My complete carpc setup

Powered BY JL Audio.
    NICE! A++

I'll repeat myself, GOTTA LUV THE SUBS
    Current Status: For Sale

Specs
    - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
    - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
    - DeLorme GPS (sold)
    - Power Inverter (sold)
    - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

damnit (in a good way) you're running the exact same power as me. the JL 300/4 and 500/1 are the perfect match for a low powered, low cost system. I'm running a single 12W6V2D4 for my setup instead of the 2 10's like you though. gotta love the JL. 00CelicaRuss's running a 500/5 to a 12W7 in his setup. That W7 is begging for power.
      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

My god you have too much time on your hands to have that thing done already!!!

Awesome job!!! Now we really need to meet up again but with more people this time. Wait...I need to fix mine first. HA! Anyway, don't break anything before then.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

Nah I wont. U think it was fast? **** it took me three weeks. Three weeks, thats wasnt fast enough for my taste. But its working all good.
          My complete carpc setup

Comment

Well, no need for a back seat I see.

Comment

It looks very nice!

How did you build the mounting for the LCD? It looks very nice. Do you have any 'in progress' pictures of this?

Comment

Really cool project build there fella. Love the job, and GT3000/GTO's are such cool and underated cars (at least here in the UK).
                4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Gotta love the JL I love my 10W6v2 Going to be replaceing the Rockford Fosgate amp with a bigger one (800wRMS) and adding another 10W6v2 and it should be kicking Xmas break means new speakers all around in my Jetta, and new amps and a custom trunk. And if I can get up a grand fast, nitrous Heh, that's just an idea right now, but should be in by spring break
                  1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

I used the old radio facesplate and cut it with a dremel. Took the faceplate off the lilliput. Fiberglass the lilliputs faceplate onto the radios faceplate, prepped with some bondo. Primered and painted black. Bham new screen faceplate. Took me a total of maybe 3 hours to complete that faceplate surgery.
                    My complete carpc setup

Comment

Very nice! A tru inspiration! What are you using for psu and motherboard?
                      TruckPC
                      P4 1.8GHZ--1G ram--Asus PVR800-vw--14"LCD--Pioneer DVD drive--DeLorme GPS -- 802.11g wifi
                      Audio
                      Alpine 9813--MVR450 amp-- Polk/MOMO components front and rear--2 x 10" RF Power HX2/Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1amp--XM satelitte

Comment

PSU is Opus = best PSU for incar use.
                        Motherboard is a Shuttle something something number. I dont remember wich one it is. But the motherboard supports a AMD XP 1700. Onboard everything. Although I did upgrade to a Sound Blaster Audigy 2.
                        My complete carpc setup

Comment

What did you do as far as your audio output on the audigy? I have that card too and was told the best way to go for quality sake was to run from the digital out to a digital EQ then to the amps. Digital EQs = $$$ so I was just wondering heh.

Anyhow, your setup is really friggin nice. Wasn't your car white at one point or am I going crazy?

Comment

The white car u saw at one point was my old car. It was a 95 N/A. This new car that I am driving is a 96 VR4.

As for the outputs im just using the normal 1/8" jack to rca cables into the inputs in the amps. I didnt have any need for any EQ or anything. Everything is working just fine. Also since the JL has a input sensing device or wahtever its called, the SUB output of the audigy card is plenty loud now. I used to have it connected to a Rockford Fosgate amp, and the sub output was too low. Now with the JL its sweet.
                            My complete carpc setup

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up. Can't wait to put everything together... just hoping that it turns out nice.

No chance that you have a clip of the stereo in action huh? I'd love to hear that thing....

Comment

Working...
                              X