2000 Gtp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Gtp

Instead of posting pictures.. Just click here instead..

http://www.slboytoy.com/my_car.html

Let me know what you think so far...

-Matt

sweet...wish i had all that room

Comment

Originally posted by slboytoy
      Instead of posting pictures.. Just click here instead..

http://www.slboytoy.com/my_car.html

Let me know what you think so far...

-Matt
      Sweet, I like it. I am all for the "unique" look and that is a great presentation. If I was doing that the only thing I would add would be frosted glass to make it look like it is frozen. Like illustrated here: http://www.metku.net/index.html?sect...cryo/index_eng
      Aultl
      [====---] - 65% complete
      VIA Epia 800mhz, 256Mb ram, 10Gb HD

Quote of the Month: "I see the problem, [The RAID controller] is trying to rebuild the array with good data from a failed drive." -- HP Support

Comment

Cool!!! Another GTP...I like the look. The computer looks real clean like that but you MUST clean up the trunk.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

I have some acrylic to fit in the whole, i just haven't figured what to do with it yet. BUT, the freezing idea looks like a must now! All you do is sand the bottom side of the toplayer? Sounds easy enough.

And the trunk is going to have the subs on either side of the computer. Over x-mas i'm going to make some boxes, and once i get some money, I'm going to get a DC powersupply.

Thanks for checking it out.

Comment

You can get frosting in a can from most arts/crafts shops
            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")
            Bunny's first poo
            __ U

Comment

You GTP's are all wrong with the placement of the screen...

Take out the ashtray and mod the little cubby-hole below it, it makes a prefect spot for the screen, and a good viewing angle too.

Doesn't the motorized screens stick out away from the dash pretty far?

Comment

Originally posted by GTPmp3PC
                You GTP's are all wrong with the placement of the screen...

Take out the ashtray and mod the little cubby-hole below it, it makes a prefect spot for the screen, and a good viewing angle too.

Doesn't the motorized screens stick out away from the dash pretty far?
                If I was the only one in the car, MAYBE. I still don't like looking that low at something while driving. Also, I have kids and it would be a little harder for them to see a screen that low from the back seat.
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                  If I was the only one in the car, MAYBE. I still don't like looking that low at something while driving. Also, I have kids and it would be a little harder for them to see a screen that low from the back seat.
                  yeah that makes sence, but I was looking into getting some headrest monitors in the seats, only if i find them at the right price. But not many people ride in the back

Comment

my friend has his screen in that cubby hole in his gtp and its ok but the shifter is in the way when you are parked ... he has to put the car in nuetral before he shuts it off if he wants to see it.

im still deciding how im gonna mount mine ... as for now i have my HU where the hvac controls were at ... they are going into the cubby hole and i think im going to custom mount a raw sceen in the din and a half where the factory radio was

you can see pics of his screen at www.stlclubgp.com in the members car section

BTW the grand prix installs look good

Comment

Originally posted by lqqkgt9
                      you can see pics of his screen at www.stlclubgp.com in the members car section

BTW the grand prix installs look good
                      Which one is his?
                      Aura MR62 (F and R)
                      My Current MP3s
                      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I checked every gtp and couldn't find any with car computer stuff in member's photos. was I looking in the wrong place?
                        car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

well crap he changed his member pics... its the red ctp with black stripes

ill hollar at him and get some pics of the screen ... he isnt running a carputer yet on just his ps2, but well be doing some installs this winter

Comment

Hey some GTP's! I just bought a GTP a couple months ago, and I've been trying to figure out how to put a screen in there as well.. I also just picked up the Lilliput 619 XGA touchscreen.. I'm probably just going to put it in front of the hole/compartment under the ash tray unfortunally.. I really don't want it there beacuse its so low and will force me to take my eyes too far off the road, and beacuse of the shifter also.. when it's in drive I should be able to see it fine.. I've pulled the computer out of the Camaro since it's down for the winter and when spring rolls around this one goes back into the Camaro and I'll buy the parts I need to finish my old house computer which will go in the GTP..

Defiler, how exactly did you mount your screen like that? I was considering that as well, but I'm not so sure I'm willing to give up my air vents.. I wish these cars had more space in the dash..
                            1991 Camaro Z28
                            2004 Acura TL

Comment

I'm going to be pulling the screen out soon for an in-dash so I will take pics as to how I did it. Not hard really and just two small (maybe a 16th to a 32nd of an inch) holes in the dash that can be easily filled.
                              Aura MR62 (F and R)
                              My Current MP3s
                              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Working...
                              X