Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car computer in a old Beetle (76) !!!

Hello!!!
    I'am a little frenchy and I would like to show you my project.

My computer is based on a Eden Via mother board with a 80GO HDD and MPD 120W power supply (DC-DC)
    My screen is an in-dash 7'' TM-701L . I am waiting for a touch screen so until I control the PC with a IR remote... (Winlirc + Girder + plug-in winamp and a home made soft for the playlist...)
    I have also an Audison Millenium Power 4 amplifier with 2 Focal 165V2 (good knowed in France I don't know if is it also the case here...) and a Pioneer Subwoofer (25 cm don't now how much in ") ...
    All in a 30 years old Beetle....
    I'am developing my own soft to control all... And I'am searching for a place to my DVD player...

You can see my website (in french) fore more pics.... Here

Excuse me for my english.... And I hope that you like!!!

Wow I guess that is impressive I guess!!! Very Unique I must say, I had a buddy of mine here in the states who had an old bug, and I could never picture a carpc in one of those, but hey you did a good job!!! As for a place put your dvd player... good luck man, cut out a piece of your dash board and mount it there and use an extra long IDE cable.
    New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

Pretty neat! I really like those ole Beetles.. would love to have one as a second vehicle!

Looks good!

Comment

Thanks... For the dvd, I can't cutting out a place of my dash board because the dash and the control panel of the computer (hided by the TFT) take all the place... But I will find... And I'll not use an extra long IDE cable, I have already buy an Ide to Usb 2 converter...

Comment

tell us more about your power supply...I have never heard of MPD
          Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
          Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
          I'M DEBT FREE!!
          I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=power+supply

was discussed here but never really took off!

Comment

ah, now i remember it...thanks
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

It is a good power supply... Not too big (especialy if you use only 80W because it don't need an extra-cooling) and quite powerfull... Moreover really easy to set up in car... We are a lot to have it here...

Comment

@pogue1000: why not?? It's my first car (also a big dream...) and I use it every day...

Comment

Audio parts:

And the control panel hided by the tft on the first pic ( and why I'm looking for a place...)

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Cox
                      Hello!!!
                      I'm a little frenchy

This as opposed to being a lot frenchy or even a medium frenchy

Anyway, good job on the install.

Frodo
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

under the seat maybe or the glove box

wow i was thinking little as in size such as midget

Comment

I love the install in a classic car. I hope you don't live in Paris because your stuff will get ganked pretty quickly, or you would have more dents in your car :-D there is about 2.5cm's in one Inch so your sub is a 10. Maybe you could mold DVD player into the roof some how. Jai regarder ici a mp3car.com you would have to make some kind of enclosure for it from fiberglass, not sure how this would look in a bug tho. Good luck for the future and excuse my bad french :-P
                          CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
                          Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

What kind of alternator do you have? Theres no way you have the old generator still on that

I was looking at a 72 VW Squareback for a small project and the best alternaor I could find that would bolt in without too much modification was 60A. You have alot more room in the engine bay though.

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                              This as opposed to being a lot frenchy or even a medium frenchy
                              I don't really understand.... Was a way to say that the average french people isn't little?

Originally posted by owenjh
                              I love the install in a classic car. I hope you don't live in Paris because your stuff will get ganked pretty quickly, or you would have more dents in your car :-D there is about 2.5cm's in one Inch so your sub is a 10. Maybe you could mold DVD player into the roof some how. Jai regarder ici a mp3car.com you would have to make some kind of enclosure for it from fiberglass, not sure how this would look in a bug tho. Good luck for the future and excuse my bad french :-P
                              I don't live in Paris
                              Thanks for the sub size...
                              For the dvd into the roof.... no way...

Originally posted by 98explorerxlt
                              under the seat maybe or the glove box
                              I have a small glove box, and it's here I have mod my filters... But it's here or under the seat the good WTG...

For my alternator, it's the old! And It's good!

Comment

Working...
                              X