M10000 install - 2003 Mazda 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M10000 install - 2003 Mazda 6

Finally took the time to install my carputer, couldn't have done it without all of the information I learned from searching this site. I'm still debating hacking my dash and installing the lcd there, but multiple people on the Mazda 6 site have been having issues with losing the enviromental controls as everything is integrated. Plus, I can easily move the lcd (its only held in place by pressure and I can close the door to conceal it, so it looks stock...) All of the pics are on the 2nd page of my Cardomain profile.

Components:
    Travala 137 Case
    Via M10000 Mobo
    256 MB RAM
    D-link USB FM Tuner
    Storix USB 2.0 DVD-ROM/CD-RW
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX
    Delorme USB GPS Receiver
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen LCD
    Western Digital 120 GB Hard Drive

Software:
    Windows XP Pro
    MediaEngine 2.1
    Delorme Street Atlas 2004
    WinDVD 4.0

Here is the link - http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/437078/2

Nice instal....Very clean.Why did you use an external soundblaste audigy ? How much did it cost?
    Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
    http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

Nice
      2011 Nissan Frontier SL
      AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
      OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

How does the USB 2.0 dvd rom play? Any skips or is it pretty smooth?
        Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
        http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

Port - I used the Audigy 2 NX because I didn't have room in the case for any PCI cards (that's where I mounted the Opus) and it gave me the flexibilty to place it anywhere in the car that I want and is less likely to pick up interference from the car's electrical.

Cyber - It plays flawlessly. USB 1.0 was awful, but a 2.0 drive seems to smooth out all of the issues that 1.0 had.

Comment

Think I will definitely try that out in my Mx-3 then
            Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
            http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

Oooooo good idea with the USB 2.0 DVD. Could you post a link to where you got it and the model? I'm looking at doing the same thing.
              Providence is borne on the breath of prophecy.
              P4 2.66 | 1024 MB PC3200 | 4x Memorex DVD+RW | Memorex 52x24x52 CDRW | 200 and 60 GB HDDs | Antec 400W PSU

Comment

Ha - I had the exact same idea for mounting my screen, that "lidded-dash-tray" is available for my Pulsar also, picked it up at the wreckers just last week - thought I was the first to have that idea, well done ;o)

I'm going to make the on/off switch the contact of the lid, when it's down it's off, up it's on.

Well done Litespeed
                [Insert witty comment here]

Comment

Nice looking install
                  - 3+ years & still no carputer!
                  - Done collecting parts
                  - Currently planning setup

Comment

gj
                    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
                    Mods: Yep
                    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

i have same usb audigy soundcard and i really like it! 7.1 rulez.. ;-)
                      Car: 85' Audi Urquattro
                      System: VIA EPIA M10000?, GPS, WLAN, DLink Radio
                      Display: 7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                      Power: 300W DC/AC Inverter, OPUS?
                      Sound: 7.1 Dolby Digital with Audigy2 NX

Comment

I am curious.. how is 7.1 going to apply on car stereo?

Comment

you are going to get pulled over in a heart beat.

looks nice though

Comment

Originally posted by Kamo
                            Ha - I had the exact same idea for mounting my screen, that "lidded-dash-tray" is available for my Pulsar also, picked it up at the wreckers just last week - thought I was the first to have that idea, well done ;o)

I'm going to make the on/off switch the contact of the lid, when it's down it's off, up it's on.

Well done Litespeed
                            Most installs of navigation systems in Mazda 6 are done in that lidded dash tray. Im planning on getting a Mazda 6 soon and thats where I plan on putting my screen.

Btw litespeed is ur tray motorized? Also have any pics of how u mounted the screen.

Comment

Its not really mounted, per say. The height of the lcd is pretty much the exact height of the opened compartment so it wedges in there and doesn't move. I can easily push it back, lay it down and close the lid to make it more stealth. I'm most likely going to do something more elaborate with it soon, but my first priority hsa been to make it a bit more stable, added the SWI-X steering wheel control and a power switch (to go along with the turn-on lead switch I already had in there...)

Comment

Working...
                              X