1994 Honda Accord Coupe Computer Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Honda Accord Coupe Computer Project

Just wanted to take some time to post some pics of my current setup and what I am currently working on. Here are the specs on my stereo system and computer.

Stereo System
    Pioneer Deck custom mounted (See pics)
    OEM Speakers (6x9 rear, 5 1/4 in the doors, tweeters in dash)
    Rockford Fosgate Amp
    Rockford Fosgate 10" DVC Sub in speaker box

Computer
    Shuttle PC w/PIII 900mhz
    384 PC-133 ram
    Maxtor 7200 rpm 80 gig
    5" raw lcd display in custom housing
    Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Working on right now!)

Shout out goes to my man Otis because he truly is MacGuyver when it comes to making it happen with custom ideas!

These are the current gauges I have installed in my car.

Sitting @ home waiting for me to come finish it.

nicely done felton..cant wait to start mines

Comment

did you relocate your HU faceplate to your visor? if so, that's hardcore. that opens up a whole new horizon for my future install.

Comment

it seems that he has relocated the Face of his HU, which is damn aesome ill be looking into this... for my setup
        It aint no family car.

SEE MK2 At : -
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

Comment

I did that for my friends car also, I just posted pictures and you can get some ideas from it.
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22819
          SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
          GPSing - Digital Speedo
          Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
          Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Did you have to shave the DDin hole to get the Lilliput to fit?
            Pioneer DEH7600MP, Autotek MX-800.4, JL Audio XR650-CSi, Adire Audio Shiva

Done with CarPCs, using a iPaq 3765 PDA w/ Holux GM210 and TomTom

Comment

I have to use fiberglass and bondo to build out the sides but I did have to shave the top and bottom. I also had to remove the clock because it interfered too much. I just finished fiberglassing that whole about 3 hrs ago....I hope to have it ready for paint prep tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

WELL.....I was almost done but one of the parts I chose to fiberglass decided to crack on me. Upper right corner of the clock..err where it used to be. I'm thinking I need to do some resanding, fiberglassing then repainting. But this should give people a good idea of what the final product will look like.

Comment

Looks like bondo, not fiberglass. Thats why it cracked. Where I used bondo on my install, it wasnt to hold the screen or fill any major holes. If I were you I would have used fiberglass on that top hole and some resin on the sides over that bondo.

Comment

For installs like this, I would use 40/40. It is used to adhere two plastics together and then it is easily filled with 40/56 and sanding and painted. Fiberglass does work well with this type of install and bondo is good but will crack. Figure I would try to help

Comment

why didnt you just mold the screens plastic to the console, and form it all as one? seems that would have been easier, and better looking. now it looks like you have a monitor in the hole, instead of all being as one. it does look good though, good job.
                      400mhz touchscreen pc's only $150.00 for mp3car.com members-click here

Comment

I used fiberglass resin to fill the clock hole and then put bondo on top to smooth it out. As far as why not mold the screen to the dash....I all ready had to send one Lillipout back and in case I have to do so again I might as well make it easy. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Comment

Can you post how it looks completely installed? Also, does the shifter block the view of the monitor?

Comment

Yeah, I'm curious too. The gear shift (5spd) in my car (89 I-mark XS hb) is the only thing keeping me from moulding in a screen. I'm probably going to just attach it to the dash!

Thanks,
                            Joe

Comment

Originally posted by 89Excess
                              Yeah, I'm curious too. The gear shift (5spd) in my car (89 I-mark XS hb) is the only thing keeping me from moulding in a screen. I'm probably going to just attach it to the dash!

Thanks,
                              Joe
                              Get a short shifter kit for your accord. You will be able to lower the shifter closer to the floor and will still be able to mount the screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X