Mp3 mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 mustang

I have been a long time reader of this forum for over a year now, and I finally have had a chance to install the computer and post some pics. Below are pics of my old and previous setup.

My car
    1997 3.8 v6 mustang
    flowmaster Dual exhaust
    mostly suspension mods

Old comp with tm-701l screen and dell comp.

New Setup 10.4 inch kiosk from ebay custom fit into dash

Mother board

Behind Screen
    Is the PSU, two hard drives (20&80 gig) tv card and USB 2.0 card

any more pics of the rest of the install?? stang specs? year? GT? come on with the goods!!!!

Comment

Sorry I forgot the car stats I just added that I will post more detailed install pics tomorrow afternoon its too late tonight.

Comment

what is behind the LCD? any chance you could fab it into the dash?
        My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Well he said it was the 3.8L V6, so it ain't a GT; stock they're throwing down 150hp @ 4k rpm, torque peak is 215lb/ft @ 2750 rpm. Exhaust is probably good for about 6-8hp at the crank, so at the wheels he's probably doing 128-131hp (not sure of the efficiency of Ford trannies.) Yes, car performance is a hobby of mine even though I'm more tilted towards the Honda camp.

Any pics of the case? I'm trying to get ideas for what to do for a case when I get to installing...

Comment

hey PJR I think you replyed to a post of mine on 3.8mustang, heh...

Comment

Originally posted by SoFlaLude
              Well he said it was the 3.8L V6, so it ain't a GT; stock they're throwing down 150hp @ 4k rpm, torque peak is 215lb/ft @ 2750 rpm. Exhaust is probably good for about 6-8hp at the crank, so at the wheels he's probably doing 128-131hp (not sure of the efficiency of Ford trannies.) Yes, car performance is a hobby of mine even though I'm more tilted towards the Honda camp.

Any pics of the case? I'm trying to get ideas for what to do for a case when I get to installing...
              I am guessing that he is getting more than 128hp at the wheel. I have a ford taurus and get just hat. 3.0 V6 12 valve. Cant be for sure, but when shopping for taurus's the 24V model had, I think 160HP. Dont you normally get more horse power after the tranny and rear end(if rear driven). Hence the difference in horse power with different gear ratios. This has been my experience anyway.
              From looking at the ford website, the mustang with a 3.9L OHV 12V V6 (2004 model) has 193 horsepower at 5500 RPM, torque at 225lb-ft at 2800RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by PJR
                I have been a long time reader of this forum for over a year now, and I finally have had a chance to install the computer and post some pics. Below are pics of my old and previous setup.

My car
                1997 3.8 v6 mustang
                flowmaster Dual exhaust
                mostly suspension mods

Old comp with tm-701l screen and dell comp.

New Setup 10.4 inch kiosk from ebay custom fit into dash

Ill post more pics later but this is it for now. I am looking for input on how to make a custom Bezel to cover the sides of the screen. Let me know what you think.
                Nice install, but I liked it better with the tm-701. Just my opinion though..

Comment

Yeah, that 10" screen looks a bit much

Comment

No Nighthunter, you ALWAYS lose power through your drive train due to friction and what not. With different gearings and what not you can alter how you get that power to the ground, but your not altering the amount of power itself, just how it's transfered so to speak. In most cases you lose considerably more power through an automatic than you do through a manual as well. This is because to my knowledge every automatic uses a torque converter which uses fluid to transfer said power, while a manual uses a physical connection (IE your clutch). The highest HP reading you will ever get out of any car is at the crank.

**EDIT*
                    He's getting 193 horse at the crank which sounds a little high for a 97 to me, but regardless. Through his drive train, and manual tranny, I'd guess that at the tires themselves he'd be getting around 160-65

And I'd guess around 120-130 to the ground w/ an auto.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHunter
                      Nice install, but I liked it better with the tm-701. Just my opinion though..
                      I hated that tm-701L I could barely read the text and I wanted a touch screen, so i bought the kiosk from ebay instead of replacing it with a 7" vga touch screen. They were about the same price range.

Comment

okay, you have GOT to do something about the way that screen is mounted.

Never mind the fact that it's easy to remove and therefore easy to steal.

Never mind the fact that if you are ever rear-ended the screen will pop out and slash your throat.

You have that beautiful car, and your screen looks, um, ghetto-fabulous. Fiberglass it in, take it to a shop, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND SACRED PLEASE!
                        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                        I'M DEBT FREE!!
                        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

DAWM, a very nice car.....
                          I wanted to buy this car fot a long time, but i live in the Nethlerands and there are not many ford mustangs here.......

I also have a 12.2 inch kiosk touch screen. I hope i can build it in my car... I am now developing a screen of my own. A 7 inch sunvisor touch screen. Hope that wil do the job in stead of the 12.2 inch screen...

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
                            okay, you have GOT to do something about the way that screen is mounted.

Never mind the fact that it's easy to remove and therefore easy to steal.

Never mind the fact that if you are ever rear-ended the screen will pop out and slash your throat.

You have that beautiful car, and your screen looks, um, ghetto-fabulous. Fiberglass it in, take it to a shop, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND SACRED PLEASE!
                            Thats exactly why I posted the pics because I need some ideas on how to mount this screen permanently. I am not driving around with the screen like that. I have never fiber glassed anything at all. I was thinking of making some sort of brackets to hold it down behind it and then cover the screen with some sort of custom bezel or something.

Comment

a year or 2, i'll have a GT. it's got a double din, perfect place to fit an LCD screen

Comment

Working...
                              X