2002 Altimat CarPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Altimat CarPC

I finally made it into the car and got a few pics. GPS receiver is under center dash panel and locked 4 sats. quickly and from inside the garage. PC is just laying in trunk plugged into A/C. No Opus yet.

Edit: Added pics to post the linked folder that I had these in was deleted. These are the only two I have currently until it warms up and I can put things back together.

Fabricator

Beautifull install!!! BTW, what is Pic #8 supposed to be?

Lates,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

nice install, very clean

Comment

Wow! That looks great, and is totally inspiring me to get my carputer project on the move.

Can you list specs/hardware setup of your system? (i.e. what motherboard, monitor, and other peripherals you installed)

Comment

Maybe pic 8 is a dvd player. There are buttons that look like they are for a cd player or dvd player and I can make out the letters DVD on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by azcowboy
            Maybe pic 8 is a dvd player. There are buttons that look like they are for a cd player or dvd player and I can make out the letters DVD on the face.
            If pic #8 is the DVD player, what is pic #6?

Picture #6

Picture #8

Lates,

Rafster
            Post # 3000

Comment

#6 is the front (PC) DVD player. Pic 8 is the rear DVD player which is a separate (headphone/headrest screen) system for the kids.
              Fabricator

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat
                #6 is the front (PC) DVD player. Pic 8 is the rear DVD player which is a separate (headphone/headrest screen) system for the kids.
                O, I see! Really great setup!! Can we see more pictures of your car? And more specs of your system/screen?

Lates,
                Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

what GPS are you using?

The install and gui look terrific. What GPS system are you using that I see in picture #5? I am currently looking for gps software and am not sure which one to choose. None of them seem well suited for a 7" screen?

josh

Comment

The GPS software is Routis. I haven't tried it yet, but the voice sounds nice. The dealer has my car overnight. They couldn't install 4 tires and align it in one day so I'll take some better daytime pics tomorrow when I get it back.

Another note: I booted the PC once on my cheap inverter instead of the house A/C power and got an awful audio hum as well as noise in the video. Before that both were perfect. In fact, the 192 kbps MP3s seem to sound better than CDs in my head unit!
                    Fabricator

Comment

Originally posted by cnugget23
                      Wow! That looks great, and is totally inspiring me to get my carputer project on the move.

Can you list specs/hardware setup of your system? (i.e. what motherboard, monitor, and other peripherals you installed)
                      P4 2.26, 512 RAM, Micro ATX Socket 478 Mobo from NewEgg (Don't remember details ), internal CDRW, PCI PCMCIA adapter with NetGate 200 mW card, PCI SB Audigy sound, PCI USB 2.0 card (dedicated to DVD), AGP Radeon 7000 Video, USB 7-port Powered Hub, USB port in console, USB GPS, USB AutoTap OBD2, USB Logitech Wireless TrackMan Trackball, USB Lilliput Touchscreen, Opus for CPU (coming), PW-70A for external devices, Rear camera, using stock head unit aux input.
                      Fabricator

Comment

thats a kickass skin
                        whats it called?

good job on the whole install
                        2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Originally posted by aoLhaTer
                          thats a kickass skin
                          whats it called?

good job on the whole install
                          Thanks. Skin.
                          Fabricator

Comment

Wow, That is "FAROUT". heh,

How did you mold everything in so flawlessly?

Comment

How do you like the rear view camera? Where did you get it from..how much etc? A rear view camera will be my next carputer addition. Nice job getting everything nice and flush in the dash!
                              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Working...
                              X