No announcement yet.

98 Lexus GS400 Carputer audiophile install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, That is another alternative app that I can use; Pandora was my go to app but after using Spotify It's hard to use anything else. It has great sound quality, can select any song on the spot, plus it has the largest library selection available. It is because of it that I started this project because streaming music is so much more convenient than downloading music. Although, I do use other music source primary before streaming any music on a every day basis but on longer rides I would stream.
    Last edited by HKSone; 01-10-2017, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Amazing install, I like it, it would be nice to make it touch friendly but for those many apps and options it would take lots of programming . I have same PSU, have you tried powering your amps via psu because it has delayed amp power ON to eliminate THUMP noise says in description in your link too "- "Anti-Thump" Amplifier remote control"

Comment

I'm glad that you are interested in the project as there aren't much people building them anymore. Windows 10 apps are actually touch friendly but I do not have multi-touch "touchscreen" so it would not work too well because of that reason. I am actually trying to upgrade to a multi-touch "capacitance touch" but I haven't sourced a screen with my preference yet. I initially used the PSU's "anti-thump output to turn on my amps but it did not provide enough delay because I would still hear the annoying popping upon startup and shutdown. I am using an ignition controlled delay switch that is adjustable up to a minute delay. Also this works a lot better because once the ignition is switched off it would cut the amps off before the computer gets into hibernating mode which eliminates the pop upon shutdown. I would advise everyone who wants their Carputer to function like factory to go with that route instead, plus the delay switch is only under $20.

Comment

I dont like those tablet builds, and back in time carPC scene was small, now its even smaller. I have resistive screen too but i have found few on aliexpress without frame. Nice for fabricatoion, high brighntess if you can trust those specs check it out

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CARP...609049461.html

Comment

Tablet build is too limited small cpu, ram, harddrive, harder to modify anything on it unless you're happy with what it comes with already since you're not able to change much. On the other hand, a PC everything is endless, different touchscreen monitor, sound card, and plenty of usb devices to get to function how ever you want. I've seen touch screen/monitor sets from the same seller before but I think It was in 7inch that I was about to buy but I decided not to because I did not want to do any custom fabrication. I hope the new screen will mount on my current frame. Tell me more about your setup? What are you using it mainly for? I still haven't got my GPS to work any recommendations on software?

Comment

"I still haven't got my GPS to work any recommendations on software?"
              Do you mean your GPS receiver or Navigation software ?
              VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator
              Build 90% Apps 50% Install 10%

Comment

I have the US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB GPS Receiver but I haven't found a navigation software that would work with it. I tried using windows 10 maps but the GPS is not functioning or they are not communicating together.
                Last edited by HKSone; 04-06-2017, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I was using Odyssey Navigator but since it no longer has maps updates past 2015 I have found a seller of Garmin Mobile PC with 2017 Australian maps so I'll be trying that.
                  VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator
                  Build 90% Apps 50% Install 10%

Comment

Why not use a bluetooth GPS receiver with any software from the windows store like Sygic?

Comment

Working...
                    X