• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilliput touchscreen finished and mounted

In car pics....

http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/arcadec...cartvfinished2
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/arcadec...cartvfinished3
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/arcadec...cartvfinished4

i really really like the door tft mount!!!! brilliant idea! was it from fibreglass?
    was that an initial idea or was it because of the passanger airbag was in the way? TOP WORK!!!!
    MG ZR CARPUTER (UNITED KINGDOM)

Comment

Why not paint the lilliput housing red?

Comment

the 5.6 inch tv on the passenger door was something i had never seen done before and i wanted to try it. yes it was fiberglassed onto the stock piece as well

As for painting the screen, i like the look of the face the way it is and want to keep it matching the other screen.

Comment

This gives some new ideas...

For people with OBD setups, you can mount a monitor on the Driver's side to display the car specs. Looking slightly to the left is easier than down to where a lot of people have their screens mounted.

Comment

its in a perfect viewing point for both people, its almost eye level and while driving you dont have to take your eves off the roar to view it, you can see it out of your peripheral vision.

Comment

Yeah, but it's kinda far away if you want to see things such as guages or any fine text...

Also, I was thinking. If you have it on the driver's side, it'd be farther back than the steering wheel. Which means even if the airbag goes off, it wouldn't come into contact with the screen. Whereas on the passenger side, the airbag would smash right into the screen and would probably reduce the airbag's efficiency.

But for non-text things... such as a movie, or audio visualization, passenger side is awesome. And it doesn't get in the way of any of the driver's controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderon
                Yeah, but it's kinda far away if you want to see things such as guages or any fine text...

And it doesn't get in the way of any of the driver's controls.
                How if its on the passengerside door, would it interfere with the driver controls?

also thats why i made the center screen is so that the driver and passenger can both see it very easily. I was going to get rid of the passenger side tv, but ill keep it in solely for car shows.

Comment

Originally posted by DSM97RS
                  How if its on the passengerside door, would it interfere with the driver controls?

also thats why i made the center screen is so that the driver and passenger can both see it very easily. I was going to get rid of the passenger side tv, but ill keep it in solely for car shows.
                  No, I'm saying on the passenger side it wouldn't. On the driver's side, it'd probably cover up the headlight controls and anything else you have in that corner of the dashboard. Passenger side, it'll cover an air vent at most.

And you should deff leave the passenger screen... it looks damn cool.

Comment

hopefully ill get some extra brownie points in the show for it

Comment

That's a lot better than my lilliput mount. I got like, two screws I screwed into a crack in the dash with a screw driver.
                      Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                      Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                      sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
                        That's a lot better than my lilliput mount. I got like, two screws I screwed into a crack in the dash with a screw driver.
                        LOL

Yah, that is some good glassing work.

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
                          awesome! lol

Comment

So wait... are you using the TS on both displays?

Comment

no no, the tv in the door panel has been in for about a year and it will just display what is on the touchscreen in the center.

i need to get a slot load dvd rom and some LONG ide cables so i can finish my computer. Right now i have everything in the case insluding opus but i need to get the rom to finish it. Do they sell IDE cables that are about 15' at like compusa or anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X