'99 Mazda Miata w/Media Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 Mazda Miata w/Media Engine

Here's a simple project I've been working on for the last couple weeks. Finally got around to taking pictures of my setup in my Miata. Using a Lilliput 7" VGA touchscreen and a Shuttle SK-43G XPC. Accessories to the install is a Garmin GPS-16 (oem), XM PCR reciever and a Profile California 640 4 channel amp to drive the audio. System is an AMD Athlon XP2000 running Miata Engine on Windows XP Pro. Currently running Streetfinder 98 for intial GPS testing, experimenting with other software. Future additions are going to be realtime engine/ecu management and a single subwoofer to fill in the sound. Also plan to integrate undercar cameras for live streaming application; currently viewable only on other video channels of display. More photos can be found on my website, http://www.righteyeblind.com/gallery/project_miata.
    Attached Files

NIce! have the same wheels as you I believe. Enkei Rs-6's?
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

very nice man i like it
      Best Technique In Life Is Having No Technique

ONE DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

what awg wire are you running to the dist. block?
        MG ZR CARPUTER (UNITED KINGDOM)

Comment

4 gauge. Vastly overkill since the positive lead to the car is 6 gauge or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3
            NIce! have the same wheels as you I believe. Enkei Rs-6's?
            You're right, RS-6's.

Comment

Nice setup, great wheels, but dude... that wing is ridiculous!

Comment

Did you try to put the computer in standby or hibernate with the XM software running? I am trying find out if I am the only one with the problem...
                Thanks.

Comment

do you have any problems with the bass shocking the hdd to much? because i have a really loud system and i'm afraid of putting my laptop in my trunk

Comment

Originally posted by noodles
                    Nice setup, great wheels, but dude... that wing is ridiculous!
                    umm.. yup, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Izik
                      Did you try to put the computer in standby or hibernate with the XM software running? I am trying find out if I am the only one with the problem...
                      Thanks.
                      I had some serious issues with the XM software provided with the reciever. I ended up using xtremepcr for the time being until they integrate XM into Media Engine. I do however have to turn off the software before hibernating the system; if I don't the XM receiver mixes with the rest of the audio.

One thing I did notice is even in hibernate mode, the XM receiver's green LED stays on, regardless of the software mode.

Comment

Originally posted by pete35887
                        do you have any problems with the bass shocking the hdd to much? because i have a really loud system and i'm afraid of putting my laptop in my trunk
                        no sub yet; whichever one I get will probably be pretty small due to space constraints.

Comment

Originally posted by jhwelsh
                          BTW, the wing adds a great deal more stability and improved handling above 50 mph.
                          I didn't know a miata went above 50mph.

Comment

Originally posted by slasherx
                            I didn't know a miata went above 50mph.
                            That was cold.... very cold....

All be it true, but still cold....

Comment

Originally posted by dug1967
                              That was cold.... very cold....

All be it true, but still cold....
                              this is getting dumb.

Comment