MP3 MR2 V2.0 is done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 MR2 V2.0 is done!

After a crazy weekend with bondo, paint and some wiring, the system is now done! It's 100x better than my last system, it's faster, it's got the touch screen, 3D GPS maps, SNES emulator, 10,000 songs and a bunch of movies, etc...

Nice bondo work! It's probably too much work, but did you consider soldering the vga cable to the board to keep it from sticking out like that. Also, can the Lilliput USB cable be moved back to on on-board USB header?
    2004 4runner

Comment

The picture of the dash is just to show the bondo work done to it. I didn't tuck the cables behind the dash or snapped everything back in yet.

Comment

man, thats looking great! Nice bondo work - the Lili looks good.
        Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
        Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDragon
          The picture of the dash is just to show the bondo work done to it. I didn't tuck the cables behind the dash or snapped everything back in yet.
          I know that! Like I said, the bondo looks nice!

I meant the cables at the motherboard (behind your seat?) in the 2nd and 3rd pictures.
          2004 4runner

Comment

Yeah, I could probably put a piece of carpet on top of it or something but you can't actually see the cables unless the seat's moved forward. The USB cable wasn't long enough so I had to use a 2 foot extension for it to reach, the cord came with my infrared port that I use at home.

Comment

But what if someone throws something back there or the goof balls at the drive-in car wash decide to bang around that area with their vacuum?

Anyhow, it's just a thought. Enjoy your new system!
              2004 4runner

Comment

Nice work. Looks sweet.
                Good to see another MR2 owner and board member here .

Comment

There is more than one too Hopfully by the end of the summer my MR2 will be on here!

Comment

what software are you using? im about 90% sure its Media Engine. If so, where can i get that skin...i would love to run a modified version of it in my Explorer. Nice setup!!! Thanks.
                    2004 F-150
                    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
                    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Really nice!

You've nailed exactly what I plan on putting in my MR2. In fact, after a couple years of waiting, I might get started on it this month.
                      Jeremy
                      1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
                      2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
                      no carputers yet :(

Comment

Anyone else have issues with the lilliput and the sun? It makes it really hard to read considering I have a glass t-top. Taking the tops off makes it even worse.

Comment

Yep, I have a sunroof and the damn Lilli is basically useless during the daytime.
                          2004 4runner

Comment

really? I use my carputer all day and it is "weak" in the daylight but I can still see it just fine. ANd I love the idea of the carputer encased in a "box" in the backseats but why not have the mobo point inward so that you can connect the wires and totally close out the case except the fans?
                            Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Isn't that just the most perfect place for a mini-itx? Could the fit BE any tighter? :-)
                              MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
                              Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
                              Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

Working...
                              X