2002 Alpine Class A RV Carputer in dash w/mounted 10.4 LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Alpine Class A RV Carputer in dash w/mounted 10.4 LCD

This is another project of mine. I dont believe ive ever seen a carputer in an RV, but the application might be better than in a car. This was a clean install and fairly easy. its my second now and i plan on doing many many more. if you like my work, cantact me and i can make quotes on something for you.
    [email protected]
    Attached Files

Nice Job!

I'd love to do this for my grandfather's RV but I'm not sure he'd want to fumble with it that much.

Comment

That F*in rocks.
      All you need now is the music turned up and a bunch of hot chicks packed in there.

Comment

Very nice. With that large dashboard, the monitor doesn't look all that big or overwhelming.

What features do you have included in this project. I could imagine with an RV, there are lot's of possibilities. Rear view camera, multimedia throughout the RV, etc.

Very nice.
        Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Nice! It sure must be nice to have sooo much room to play with.

Comment

I've always wondered when somebody was gonna do this
            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
            I'M DEBT FREE!!
            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by carpcnoobie
              Very nice. With that large dashboard, the monitor doesn't look all that big or overwhelming.
              In fact the screen now looks small with that large of a dash. nice work.
              '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04
              ForemostWebHosting
              SpeedGuyParts.com

Comment

CoachPC

I've actually done this in my RV. I think I first installed it in 2001 when we got the RV, now I'm on revision two of the hardware (CPU and case) and revision 3 of the screen installation. I'll post some pictures of the current installation.

-Gremlin
                www.sarinarts.com/autotouch.htm <- Touchscreen software for CarPC's
                -G
                try the AutoTouch FrontEnd

Comment

OKAY-

ive had a few replies but nothing like i thought, this is like a revolution of the new offices for the future. basically a cabin on wheels that can travel any where, with always on internet thanks to GPRS. check your email and instant message your *****es; ON THE ROAD while traveling the planet. thats the best-

not to mention all the other bells and whistles- ANY THING YOU WANT.

Comment

What state do you live in? It would be tight if you opened up a buisiness building carputers for people.

Peace,

Rafster
                    Post # 3000

Comment

I've got a carputer in my RV too. I traded some parts to a friend for a laptop that had a busted screen. I removed the screen, mounted it to an arm that comes from the dashboard, and put an arm on the dash that holds a 15" LCD monitor/TV. I've got a GPS up in the overhead compartment.

Nice looking start on the install, any more work planned?
                      Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                      http://hallert.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelsherman
                        What state do you live in? It would be tight if you opened up a buisiness building carputers for people.

Peace,

Rafster
                        I live in Atlanta, GA for the time being, and i do install and build carputers for clients. The buisiness is also located in San Diego, CA. We have done installs in both cars and RVs, but i think the application suits a RV better. My next project will be installing a plasma in an even newer RV, not to mention the 4 computers the guy wants. He's trying to make the RV a mobile office for a few people to travel in, the plasma will be used for power point pressentations, etc... This will be interesting!

Comment

Working...
                        X