No announcement yet.

2001 Tiburon

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Tiburon

Well, never though i would be posting in this catagory so soon but time flys when your having fun
    click here to see pics

comp specs
    60gig HDD
    512 ram
    DVD drive with IDE->Usb Converter
    7" LCD

haa, i was actually surprised you used the two cat5e cables. never really thought about using them to do that:-P

are you just running straight windows xp with large icons?
    "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving:

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
    Mp3Car Meets:

Nice install! And the plastic bin for a case is great!

Great work!
      2000 Monte Carlo SS - CarPC FINALLY INSTALLED!!!

CarPC: VIA EPIA-M10000, Xenarc 700TSV, 20G 2.5" HD, Opus 90W, Targus USB DVD/CD-ROM

Audio: Audigy 2 USB, Alpine 4 Channel Amp, 2 x Alpine 300W 6x9, 2 x Alpine 200W 6.5 (sub coming soon)

Wow... nice faceplate extension.

slick. Monitors mounted too low for my taste, but thats almost always true.

Tupperware is a bad thing to mount a computer in. that tub can build up a tremendous amount of static charge and easily fry your machine. I'd think about building a better case for it, something you could mount to the side in such a way that it wouldn't easily be seen perhaps?
          A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Interesting set up. Gave me a few ideas for my own setup.

Are you worried or have you taken measures with the static in a plastic container?

Also what are you using for inverter and on/off control? Your car pc sounds similar to my plan. Except I'm debating the touchscreen route.

EDIT: While I was lookin' at pics, Fluffy was writing what I was thinking.
            Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

i am doing something similar. don't you think that you could ground the case and problem solved? good looking setup
              Attached Files
              "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

I really like the touch pad idea in the ashtray I have a Xenarc on the way so I won't need a touch pad but thats very cool never the less. Also I really like your tuperware computer case I think I'm going to do something similar. Its nice to just pop the top off your case plus make it a little shock absorbant. Thanks.

How hard was it to extend the faceplate? What kind of stereo was it?
                  Don't Fear The Gurkey
                  Click here to check out My Setup

thanks for all the compliments, yes i am just using win XP with large Icons.

Im not too worried about the case....the mother board is grounded. Its in as much risk as a regular computer case.

Extending the face plate wasnt hard but you should have some soldering knowhow before you do it, the face plate is kensigton
                    MY CARPC

Yea, as long as your PSU is plugged in, it's grounded, so there's really not a huge risk for static. That's cool, i'm going to start install on my 98 Tib FX this summer. I'm planning on saving more trunk real-estate than you though. looks good, but your screen looks smeared, maybe just the flash. Glad to see a tib install.
                      My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                      2 Kicker Comp 10"
                      Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                      Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                      Check it out?!