1996 Eclipse 10" touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Eclipse 10" touchscreen

Finally got some newer pics than the ones I've had on my site for two years or so.

Fiberglassed the dash myself, most people don't notice it's not stock unless I tell them.

More (not highly compressed) pics on my site: www.arbytech.com/carmp3.php
    www.arbybean.com

Looks damn tasty!!!
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Very nice install. I can see how you had to reshape the console to fit the screen. Well done. I also spent some time looking around your website and looking at your install pics. Once again, very well done.

A few questions, naturally.

How do you like the monitor being that low. It looks to be on a good angle. Any problems with glare or having to look so far away from the road? What are the specs on your set up? GPS? FM Tuner?
      Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

It's angled just right so I don't see the reflection of any windows. No glare problems, I can read it fine, even in direct sun. It's a small car, so the screen isn't that far off of my line of sight. I usually have my hand on the shifter, and the buttons are big enough that I can change songs without looking.

Just mp3's for now. I wanted GPS, but never got around to it.
        www.arbybean.com

Comment

Arby: if you're ever around dallas, myself and the rest of the dfw people would be up for a meet.

lmao... 1337 posts

Comment

Congrats on post #1337.
            www.arbybean.com

Comment

that looks real good but wow that angle makes it seem hard to see when driving. but u already said it works so i will take ur word.
              Best Technique In Life Is Having No Technique

ONE DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Arby
                Congrats on post #1337.
                bg won't post for a week now
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

that looks great arby. good to see an install with something other than the stock "put the screen where the radio is" install (like mine and everyone elses)
                  My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

great install. i really like where you put the screen. where did you get the skin for winamp at? i like that.
                    "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Originally posted by riddle14
                      great install. i really like where you put the screen. where did you get the skin for winamp at? i like that.
                      It's called "ArbyFullScreen". As you could probably guess, I made it.

It's on the mp3car site.
                      www.arbybean.com

Comment

Very very nice clean install. I have a 1998 Eclipse GSX. I might switch from a 7" xenarc to the 10" touchscreen after seeing this. Absolutely beautiful.

Comment

The link for the winamp skin isn't working.
                          Progress Meter:

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

http://www.arbytech.com/skin/
                            www.arbybean.com

Comment

What version of Winamp is that?? Or does it not matter. Just trying to get it working with my Winamp. Never loaded skins before. Never had a need to.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just figured it out. My fault. Thanks.
                              Progress Meter:

Comment

Working...
                              X