1994 Honda Prelude VTEC CarPC **56K Beware**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Honda Prelude VTEC CarPC **56K Beware**

Sup guys! It's almost a year since I posted and since then there are a lot of changes to my carPC setup. First off I ditched my custom made plexiglass for my VIA M10000 and replaced it with a CD changer case. I also ditched my power inverter and replaced it with an Opus power supply. Anyways here are some pics:

2006 Nissan 350Z 6MT
    M10000; 120GB 7200RPM HDD
    512 DDR; 7" Touchscreen LCD; CoPilot

Verrry nice! Love the cd changer case.
    - 3+ years & still no carputer!
    - Done collecting parts
    - Currently planning setup

Comment

Nice.
      Reminds me of how small my Prelude trunk use to be.
      I had a 1994 Si.

CD Changer idea is good for the small trunk.
      Attached Files
      SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
      GPSing - Digital Speedo
      Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
      Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

I read your post on PreludeOnline.com about 6 months ago. You are the sole reason I started my carputer. Great job man.

Comment

Nice Job. I use to go to Cal Poly Pomona too. What kind of touchscreen is it? It doesn't look very reflective. -Andy
          2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
          Lilliput 7"
          P4 2.0
          80Gb
          DLink FM
          Routis 2004
          Opus 150W
          1200watts of PPI power
          2 - 12" solobaric
          MB Quartz
          IBUS - steering control
          USB 2.0 DVD player

Comment

I miss my 92 and 00 preludes

Comment

Thanks, I got a 2004 STi now, pics will be gathered and organized and shown off soon.
              SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
              GPSing - Digital Speedo
              Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
              Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Bad *** car man. What's the purpose of that relay? to turn the amplifier on and off? I was thinking of doing that too.
                Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Nice! Clean install and well done. You can tell lots of time and patience went into it. And a nice car too!
                  ----------------------
                  VIA Epia II
                  256MB 266DDR Ram
                  90GB Wester Digital
                  Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
                  Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
                  ----------------------
                  Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

I had a quick question as I have a 96 Honda Prelude SI... What is that device you have in place of the heat management? My prelude has manual push buttons and a slider for heat. It appears as though you have a electronic one... Did it come stock? Or is it aftermarket? And if its aftermarket, where did you get it?
                    Carputer
                    VIA MII 12000 | WD200 GB | 512Ram | Netgear 108 Mbs Wifi | 8" lilliput | Microsoft GPS | Opus 150 | PowerMate | PS2 SmartJoy | Bluetooth Dongle | Microsoft Wireless Combo |
                    Sound
                    JL 500/5 | 12" W6v2 | XR653-CS |

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. Anyways in regards to that electronic device on top of the monitor, that's a JDM digital climate control. They came stock on Japanese model Preludes. It's quite a bit of work to convert your mechanical heater/AC control into a digital climate control as it involves removal of the entire dash and modification of your blower (not to mention the web of wires you need to hook up ). If you are seriously interested, I could guide you on how to convert yours.

Here's another view :

2006 Nissan 350Z 6MT

Comment

badandy4you: I don't exactly know what model it is but I bought it from Armen (digitalww) about a year ago.

SuperDave: You're on Preludeonline.com too? What's your sn there? I'm ScalifludeSi there. I used to drive a 92 Prelude Si but it was totaled after some idiot in a truck decided to change lanes without looking

Leslie: Sup man!!! Too bad you sold your Prelude. Nice WW RS kit you got there on your old Prelude. I remember talking to you a while back when Hondaprelude.com was still alive hahaha. How's the STi treating you? Gotta love that 300hp AWD I know what my 2nd car will be after I finish college next Spring

Lgbr : yes the relay is for the eq and amps. Whenever the computer is on, the amps and the eq powers up.
                        2006 Nissan 350Z 6MT

Comment

my god that car is so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye...

if you didnt know, i am a die hard honda fan.

/me goes and hugs my del sol

Although if you ask me, this it the best pic,

http://www.csupomona.edu/~jpjereza/p...ne/engine2.jpg

Comment

^^^ haha my engine bay. Now that my carPC and suspension setup is done I can now start modifying my engine bay. More to come soon
                            2006 Nissan 350Z 6MT

Comment

heheh i have the same clarion EQ.. did you know it was 7v line out!?!?!?!? That rocks and adds greatly to the quality of your sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X