Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARPUTER 2002 Accord FINISHED!

Hey all...heres my finished project

I've researched for a couple months and just recently finished putting everything together. I'm using a 7" touchscreen molded into the double din slot. The computer is a 1GHz athlon with 256 of pc2700 and a 40GB HD. My slot load DVD drive is coming in the mail so I'll be finishing everything up.

Yes, I know the wiring is a mess... Some of the pics are blurry cause my hand was shaking

But here's some pics...also one of my S2000 push button from a while back...ENJOY...

GPS UNIT...

Nice, what kind of touchscreen are you using?
    Pioneer DEH7600MP, Autotek MX-800.4, JL Audio XR650-CSi, Adire Audio Shiva

Done with CarPCs, using a iPaq 3765 PDA w/ Holux GM210 and TomTom

Comment

its a lilliput...i bought it from the groupbuy with nighthunter although he's banned from here now. I got lucky and everything works great, although the ribbon cable is REALLY sensitive

Comment

The install looks great! I was thinking about getting an Accord for my carputer because of the nicely located double din slot...

Decided to go with the Mercedes which has a double din slot nicely centered in the vehicle as well...

Good job again on your install, I am sure you were pumped when you finally got it all finished and drove down the road for the 1st time admiring your efforts... I know I was...
        1999 Mercedes ML430 - Epia M10000, OPUS 90w, 512mb, 160gb, Deluo GPS, SB Audigy 2 NX, 7" Lilliput TS

Comment

Originally posted by ML430
          The install looks great! I was thinking about getting an Accord for my carputer because of the nicely located double din slot...

Decided to go with the Mercedes which has a double din slot nicely centered in the vehicle as well...

Good job again on your install, I am sure you were pumped when you finally got it all finished and drove down the road for the 1st time admiring your efforts... I know I was...

you are definitely right...it feels SOO good knowing everything is in and working the way you want. thanks for the comments!

Comment

Mine is uninstalled right now. I tell you what, hope that Lilly doesn't go bad like mine did. Damn carputers, don't know how I lived this long without one.

Comment

Originally posted by ML430

It's sensible to buy a carputer for your car, but when you start buying cars for your carputers...... hmmm
              VIA EPIA M9000/120 GB/Xenarc 700TSV/Opus 90W DC-DC
              Haicom GPS/3Com 11g Wi-Fi/D-Link BT
              WinXP/myHTPC/InfoMap Navigator Eu/PhoneControl w/T68i
              Blaupunkt HU & speakers/Velocity active subs/Alpine amps

Progress: removed while waiting for nano-itx

Comment

Originally posted by TommieG
                It's sensible to buy a carputer for your car, but when you start buying cars for your carputers...... hmmm
                LOL, it happens.

Aznblueeboi, did you relocate the buttons or did you remove them?

Comment

got a few questions for yah aznblueeboi:
                  1) why do you have two harddrives on the custom CPU box?
                  2) what type of head unit do you have there? and why does it say USB?

i see that you learned to mount your hardrive to its side:-P I learned the hard way about that back in 2000...the harddrive head is less likely to damage the harddrive on a bump :-) I was very ****ed when I had crashed a 20GB HDD that way...the harddrive still works, but was never the same.
                  "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                  Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

I just cut the buttons off and disconnected that panel thingie...I may reconnect it later for the use of the remote but for now I have no need for it.

The second hard drive is not in use right now. I found one laying around and have it set up so that if I ever need extra storage I can just plug it in and power it up.

My HU is a Sony CDX-M610...I bought the XA-300 Aux Box and that's why it says USB (I'm using a USB connection to the XA-300) for digital sound.

Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by aznblueeboi
                      its a lilliput...i bought it from the groupbuy with nighthunter although he's banned from here now. I got lucky and everything works great, although the ribbon cable is REALLY sensitive
                      just curious...why'd he get banned?
                      CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

he did something with the server while zip-lock was fixing something i think...?

Comment

lol was he a moderator?
                          CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

he wasnt a moderator, he was a commercial seller who didnt want to follow the rules and then got ****ed when the mods were deleting his posts.
                            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                            I'M DEBT FREE!!
                            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Hey.. I have a 02 Accord Coupe v6 and Im planning to do this with my car too soon.
                              I see you have an HU below the carputer.
                              What do you use to manage the inputs between that and the carputer.
                              Like switching between the HU and the carputer?
                              also how much of a ***** was it to wire?
                              Where did you decide to mount the antennas for the GPS and the Radio?

also are you a member at v6p.net? the accord enthusiast site?

any tips on molding the screen?
                              02 Accord Coupe V6
                              Heavily Modified Sleeper.

Comment

Working...
                              X