iPod in Infiniti G35

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod in Infiniti G35

Hi all. New to the board here. Came across it during a search and thought it would be the perfect place to post pics of my iPod install. It's hard-wired with the new PAC AUX kit so it plays through the SAT input. I'm thrilled to finally be rid of my FM Transmitter.

Here's a few pics. More can be found on my website, along with a DIY writeup.

-Ken
    Attached Files
    My iPod Install: G35iPod.com | My Home Theater: The Vault

thats cool
    Asus Pundit Barebones PC
    7" Lilliput LCD
    P4 2.8ghz 512mb 120gb
    Windows XP Pro, VOICES
    Sony Xplode 10in Sub, Rockford 600w amp
    Pioneer 6x9's and 4x6's, Kenwood 4ch amp
    Black Widow Alarm with Pager

Comment

Cool install!

Welcome to the forumns.

Peace,

Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

very schick
        DICE Los Angeles
        ]

Comment

Nice work!!! You also may want to visit Car Mac a site dedicated to mac users with cars.

Also I loved step 43.

Comment

Where did you get that plastic textured material that you made the "faceplate" out of and how did you cut it so cleanly? It looks OEM. Nice job!
            2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
            -FP18G turbo
            -Walbro fuel pump
            -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
            -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
            -Blitz FMIC
            -STI cluster
            -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
            -Tein Flex coilovers
            -NOS 50 shot
            -2004 rear conversion

Comment

Thanks for the comments, fellas. Step 43 is definitely one of my favorites as well.

As for the faceplate, the original one was simply cut out of an old plastic notebook I found in a closet with an xacto knife. That didn't last long and I really wasn't happy with how flimsy it was. The newer, nicer one was laser-cut out of 1/8" ABS plastic by a prop-maker friend of mine.

I'm quite impressed with how many custom dash installations can be found here where people have made entire dash replacement parts, and frankly, I feel a little out of my league with my silly little iPod install. Had it not been for my friend who helped with the faceplate, my install would definitely not be worthy of this forum. Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks for the tip on carmac. I'll have to check it out.

-Ken

Comment

DAMN! Looks Awesome!

Comment

clean install, looks great!
                  "A rose by any other name is still a flower"

Comment

I've seen the BMW thing, and I'm glad an automaker is finally starting to provide iPod integration. However, I don't think Apple/BMW have done a great job with "seamless integration" yet. It's a loose cable hanging in the glove compartment! There are many aftermarket products that offer very similar capabilities. About the only thing they've "integrated" is the BMW playlist - which fools the HU into thinking it's a CD. They did a much better job with the Chrysler/Daimer SMART cars in UK, although there is no steering wheel controls. http://www.apple.com/uk/hotnews/articles/smart/

Comment

Dude - thats a very professional lookig install - definitely keeps up the quality of your interior. Great job!

In regards to being out of any league - it all about how far you want to go with your car. The site is not just for freaks like me who go crazy and install everything we can get our hands on.

Originally posted by kloh
                      Thanks for the comments, fellas. Step 43 is definitely one of my favorites as well.

As for the faceplate, the original one was simply cut out of an old plastic notebook I found in a closet with an xacto knife. That didn't last long and I really wasn't happy with how flimsy it was. The newer, nicer one was laser-cut out of 1/8" ABS plastic by a prop-maker friend of mine.

I'm quite impressed with how many custom dash installations can be found here where people have made entire dash replacement parts, and frankly, I feel a little out of my league with my silly little iPod install. Had it not been for my friend who helped with the faceplate, my install would definitely not be worthy of this forum. Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks for the tip on carmac. I'll have to check it out.

-Ken
                      Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
                      Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Did you actually receive the iPod yet?

Originally posted by GinoRP
                        Did you guys see the new BMW commercial where the new cars are gonna come with a IPOD connection from the factory?

I just got my 15Gb IPOD for free from this place: Get Your Free IPOD Here.

Now I just need to find a website that gives away free BMW's.

Happy Listening!

Gino
                        Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
                        Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by brrman
                          Did you actually receive the iPod yet?
                          Yea. You had a choice of a 4g IPOD Mini in any color, or a white 15g IPOD. I chose the 15g and it was a refurb, but in new condition with the factory packing. Couldn't even tell.

Gino
                          VIA M-1K Nh; Lilliput 7" Touch; Earthmate GPS; Slim Slot DVD/CDRw; OBD-2.COM; ATI-Pro TV; RF Wireless KB; USB Thumb 802.11b; 7"x3.5"x7" Lexan Case; 40G Laptop HD; PW-70 w/ITPS; Headliner TV Antenna; XPHome; Delorme Streets 2003/Topo USA

Comment

Originally posted by GinoRP
                            Yea. You had a choice of a 4g IPOD Mini in any color, or a white 15g IPOD. I chose the 15g and it was a refurb, but in new condition with the factory packing. Couldn't even tell.

Gino
                            Looks a little too good to be true!!!!!
                            I'd give it a go, but there's no UK address options on the form....
                            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")
                            Bunny's first poo
                            __ U

Comment

nice! what happened to the transmission.. why'd you get automatic?? com'on man!! it's a sports car! sports cars should be manual! sigh.. poor g35

Comment

Working...
                              X