No announcement yet.

I dont see too many people running keyboards in car, here is an idea for you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont see too many people running keyboards in car, here is an idea for you

something I whipped up after getting a laptop keyborad from a buddy for free

its black because the headliner and other visor are still "in progress" but hte keyboard is hooked up and fully functional, routed to the trunk through about 16 feet of ps2 cable.

that's pretty tight, I like the idea. Was thinking of a way to have a keyboard in my car and I believe this is probably it. I have a junked out laptop myself, perfect! Thanks for the pics, awesome!

Comment

many don't have a keyboard up there is because...

It's very very very very uncomfortable to use... Try typing up a paragraph...no...a sentence with that and u wish there must be a better way to mount that thing...

Other than that...nice setup.

Comment

so how do you drive and type with that? Nice and clean install.
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Yeah, I hear the same thing as nl4j. Me, I just use a nice, compact apple pro wireless keyboard

Comment

very handy but very unpractical.

I wouldn't even want to type a word.

It would be alright for quick commands like alt+tab or cntrl+alt+del and also esc. Anything more than that i couldn't stomach.
            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Can you "Carpel Tunnel"!!! I just use my RF keyboard with built in touchpad for my 7 year old gateway destination.

Also notice the up and down keys on the far right. Channel up and down, and volume up and down, along with a A/V onscreen menu to select source (DVD, TV tuner, Radio, VCR*not connected*) and it also has a set of IR repeaters that i can use to control basic functions of other devices with the keyboard, and several A/V inputs/outputs in RCA/S-video format. All of htis was available in 97ish when i bought this machine with a 27" monitor.
              Attached Files
              www.natchezss.com

God Bless America and Our President!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthGaVigor
                Can you "Carpel Tunnel"!!! I just use my RF keyboard with built in touchpad for my 7 year old gateway destination.

this is 1 cool keyboard...

But tell me...hehe...how much did u pay for that keyboard?

(I WANT ONE!!!)

Comment

if you guys see me typing a paragraph on that thing, come over and kick my ***. its for addresses for GPS and filenames and such, thats all

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
                    this is 1 cool keyboard...

But tell me...hehe...how much did u pay for that keyboard?

(I WANT ONE!!!)
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...104856051&rd=1

I found this link for you!
                    www.natchezss.com

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
                      how much did u pay for that keyboard?

(I WANT ONE!!!)

Sorry, I paid $2400 7 years ago for the entire setup. I also have "remote" with a track ball but couldn't find any pics of that. I could not find DVD's for several years after i had my pc. There is a destination on ebay for 40-50 bucks! Worth it! I was using mine as my whole house A/V server before i moved it to the car.
                      www.natchezss.com

Comment

That's a cool idea. I agree, it's not too practical but might work out nicely if you use it only occasionally (and never while driving).
                        2004 4runner

Comment

It's a nice install, but very darn hard to use.
                          I have one of those zippy usb keyboard and is under the passenger seat. When needed, I just plug it in put in my lap and type. But most the time, the passenger type for me.
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Imagine that...

Aura MR62 (F and R)
                            My Current MP3s
                            IamDefiler.com

Comment

This is my second one of these to see in a sunvisor. Very unpractical and even a silly modification to me.

If the sunvisor was removable, that is one thing b/c it would be a good way to have an "in car keyboard" (ICK) that is easy to stow away. Other than that, who types with their arms in the air? Maybe bodybuilders...

Comment

Working...
                              X