Infiniti QX4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infiniti QX4

I finally have my setup revised. It look much better than before. Although it doesn't looks like professional job, i done my best. Hard to find all the tools and material that i need for this project.
    Any comments??
    <br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

</html>
    2006 Camry
    Compaq Laptop
    Holux GPS Iguidance 3.0
    7" Xenarc Touch Screen
    Carnetix 1900 Power Supplied, Wireless b/g

what kinda keyboard is that? is there some kinda picture on the back of the keys? i havent seen that before. custom mod?
    Andoid-car.com
    Home of Android Car Enthusiasts

Comment

I just got done with my Carputer install in my 2000 Pathfinder which is basically the same as your QX4. I was actually able to cram everything into the dash where the HU was located - along with a new Clarion HU. Right now the sound sux since I am still using the factory Bose amp and speakers and a LOC which I think may be the source of the problem. Aside from that it works great.

I was able to use the stock dash (which looks almost the same as yours) and made a bezel for the LCD to fit, along with a bracket that holds it securely in the same place as the old HU was located - I attached some pics.
      Attached Files
      "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
      http://www.eff.org/

Comment

pics are dead
        Geesh, does anyone else remember when Geocities was actually worth a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermike
          I just got done with my Carputer install in my 2000 Pathfinder which is basically the same as your QX4. I was actually able to cram everything into the dash where the HU was located - along with a new Clarion HU. Right now the sound sux since I am still using the factory Bose amp and speakers and a LOC which I think may be the source of the problem. Aside from that it works great.

I was able to use the stock dash (which looks almost the same as yours) and made a bezel for the LCD to fit, along with a bracket that holds it securely in the same place as the old HU was located - I attached some pics.
          Where did you relocate your Four Wheel drive button??? Is the OEM cable tight inside the Dash? Is the climate control cable long enogh if i want to relocate that all the way down below your head unit?
          2006 Camry
          Compaq Laptop
          Holux GPS Iguidance 3.0
          7" Xenarc Touch Screen

Comment

nice installs guys.
            Mark

Car'Puter Project
            - Xenarc 700TSV
            - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
            - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
            - M2-ATX
            - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
            - Garmin 15H GPS
            - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

The 4x4 on mine is manual so there was nothing but the cig lighter and heated seat buttons below the factory HU. I moved the heated seat buttons to the floor console where I have 3 rectangular pop-outs (one now). You may be able to replace the 4x4 button with another nissan button that could fit in one of the rectangular pop-outs. <<Just took another look at your pics and it looks like more than a simple button - so that will not work.

Another thing to consider is that the space above the vent is perfect for a GPS and Wi-Fi-Antenna. There is plenty of room - I just used heavy duty velcro to mount them - I get good signal on the the wi-fi, have not really tested the GPS yet except with hyper term and it appears to have a signal.

One word of warning if you choose to drop the Bose HU. I replaced mine with a Clarion and am having a difficult time getting good sound which is as loud as before. I am using a poor quality (IMO) Line Output Converter which I am looking to replace with a LOC from davidnavone.com - the problem is that the Bose speakers and amps are not made to play nice with aftermarket head units. I am somewhat commited to it now tho If you choose to keep the Bose HU, you may want to search for a AUX input adapter - I think www.logjamelectronics.com told me there was one in the works recently.

The cable to the AC control is short - too short to relocate without splicing in a new section. Here are some pics of the duct that I made from a vaccum attachment, for cooling the PC. The last one shows the AC control hanging down - you can see the cable is not that long:
              Attached Files

Comment

what do you think of the coleman inverter? is it noisy?

Comment

Coleman

Coleman inverter is fine. Doesn't make much noisey. My computer doesn't consume much power ( about 40 watt). It doesn't get hot for putting under the carpet without ventiling. Its a good stuff bought from ebay.
                  2006 Camry
                  Compaq Laptop
                  Holux GPS Iguidance 3.0
                  7" Xenarc Touch Screen

Comment

I saw an inverter (150w I think) at CompUSA today for like $60 - made by APC so it is most likely good quality. I have no experience with it though. I do have 2 other inverters - one is a coleman and I can hear it when it is on while driving - kinda nice tho since normally it is not on .

Comment

Qx4 Dash Install

First phase of my project... I will update soon
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks very good, i like the keyboard in the sunthing :P Im going to make that too i think..
                        051°55'30"N 04°34'31"E

Comment

QX4 Dash prouect

Updated with switch relocation and installed stereo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Heres a photo of my 2003 Pathfinder's screen install.

Its good to see people with similair vehicles, !

I personally haven't experienced degraded sound quality after putting in my Alpine deck, infact the sound is a huge improvement. However, I am not sure how it is connected becuase I didn't install the deck myself, I got it done at the store I bought it at.
                            2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE - My cardomain page.

Comment

Nice...

I installed the Sony radio with an adapter that goes btwn the Sony and the original Bose cable adapter from the car. I didn’t have to cut any cables. Which was awesome.
                              I have good sound quality and the mp3 music from the input actually sounds clearer.

Comment

Working...
                              X