Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Sunfire, Oldschool ghetto rig

My 262mhz Cyrix MII carpc.

HD44780 LCD screen, 6gb hard drive, Windows 2000, USB keypad, Netgear USB 802.11b, plays songs, switches playlists like a cd changer, what more do you need?

OKay, it's ghetto as crap.

The pictures attached are:
    -My new/ used 2002 Sunfire
    -USB wifi adapter with parabolic ALUMINUM FOIL antenna
    -Old box installation in my Bronco II
    -New Installation Photo; Temporary box mount for my LCD, using a USB keypad

http://phillip.darktech.org/mp3box/mp3box.htm if you want to see full specs
    Attached Files
    -Phillip

Did you have any problems in the Bronco II from the bass tube being pointed at the CPU?
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

Comment

no, no problem at all. Actually the vent was pointed at the PC, but it was only 8" and 250 watts...
      -Phillip

Comment

There you go. So much for excess vibration!
        [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

Comment

oh shoot!! thats the same inverter i have cept its 350 watt. but for some reason it wont power my 120 watt PSU!!!
          did you mod it in anyway?
          new fuses etc?
          i really want to use my old pc in my car

Comment

What prog are you using to play mp3's?
            Nice install...it doesn't matter if it's ghetto.
            By the way, are you a member of j-body.org? If not, you should check it out. I'm about to put together my system in a 2002 sunfire. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Nope....... just a 400 watt inverter. I think each outlet can only handle 200 because there is a fuse for each one. I could be wrong. My pc only draws around 60 watts. I don't know why it wouldn't power your psu. Does it even try to run?
              -Phillip

Comment

not a member of jbody, but I'll check it out.

Here's what I'm using now:
                Winamp 2.9

plugins: winamp keycontroller, song Resumer, Playlist changer
                -Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by Talldude4evr
                  Nope....... just a 400 watt inverter. I think each outlet can only handle 200 because there is a fuse for each one. I could be wrong. My pc only draws around 60 watts. I don't know why it wouldn't power your psu. Does it even try to run?
                  yea it does run. i myplaystion 2 runs fine. however right wheni plug in my CPU the red light comes on and it shuts off. ive tried it just by itself too and the same thing happens. i think i heard somewhere thatyou need to modify PSUs to use with an inverter but im not sure.
                  the PSU does work though it works fine with my house outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by dannn
                    yea it does run. i myplaystion 2 runs fine. however right wheni plug in my CPU the red light comes on and it shuts off. ive tried it just by itself too and the same thing happens. i think i heard somewhere thatyou need to modify PSUs to use with an inverter but im not sure.
                    the PSU does work though it works fine with my house outlets.
                    Probably a noisy inverter. Line noise will prevent the PSU from allowing the computer to fire up. That's probably the mod you heard about: removing the filter circuit to allow it to ignore line noise (which is a dangerous thing to do, from the PSU's standpoint).
                    The ALEXIS Project
                    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
                    Color Coding :
                    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Originally posted by deadweasel
                      Probably a noisy inverter. Line noise will prevent the PSU from allowing the computer to fire up. That's probably the mod you heard about: removing the filter circuit to allow it to ignore line noise (which is a dangerous thing to do, from the PSU's standpoint).
                      hmmm interesting however i think it is more on the inverters side. because the inverter just goes into overload/low battery mode when i PLUG IN the PSU not when i turn it on, it wont even do that.

Comment

Not ghetto at all!
                        The most ghetto setup on these boards so far is my Nissan Maxima 1982 setup.
                        00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                        Newest install - my quickest ever
                        My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                        My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Working...
                        X