Finished install in 99 honda prelude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished install in 99 honda prelude

After planning the project and delaying the project due to school and financial setbacks....i'm finally finished. Its not as polished and i would like it to be at this point, but i'm just glad the damn thing is in and working.

Specs:
    - TM-702L 7" lcd screen (composite)
    - USB touchscreen overlay
    - Opus 90W dc-dc power supply
    - Epia M10000 mobo
    - laptop DVD-drive
    - 10GB laptop hd
    - 256mb ddr

Currently running XP pro with MediaEngine as the GUI.
    Also, included is some pics of my fiberglass sub box i made a year ago (with unmatched carpet, doh!). That box should be gone soon and a new box setup is going to be made within the next month or so....and pics will follow once i finish that.

duct tape owns!!!!

And here's the fg box. It houses a 12" elemental designs K series powered with an avionixx 400.2. And the new box/setup will have matching carpet. I just got too lazy to re-carpet this one after i bought the right color.

Comment

Good looking setup! Did you build that box from scratch? If so; i'd love toknow how!! Do you have any pics of the process?
      www.natchezss.com

God Bless America and Our President!

Comment

Great setup. I love 99 Preludes. You should defitely hardwire that radar detector cord. Thats what I did. Lets see pics of the car, and the sub install (if you have them). Nice.
        --------
        mykolJay
        99 Accord coupe
        http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
        My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

Looks Great!
          I was wondering if you use that composite input screen for GPS? How does it look to you? Any chance of getting some close pics of the fonts within the GPS program?
          Thanks,
          Peter
          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Gotta Love those Super Heavy Duty Rubber floor mat from COSTCO... Those groves are soo deep and hold the dirt so well youjust lift them out and dump piles hen it time to clean the car....

Comment

Very nice. And I love that car..
              In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")
              Bunny's first poo
              __ U

Comment

Awesome! How much did that rolling out LCD cost? Is it VGA? What is the resolution?
                00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                Newest install - my quickest ever
                My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriy
                  Awesome! How much did that rolling out LCD cost? Is it VGA? What is the resolution?

i think that is the lcd housing that digitalww sells for 100 bucks. He probably has some other screen in it.
                  I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

Comment

Sorry, no pics of the making of the sub box. My hands always had gloves on and was covered in resin and fiberglass strands so i decided not to take pics of the process. And i was too lazy to go inside to get the camera

My screen in a TM-702L and its a composite screen. Its pretty much the same screen that digitalww sells, the TM-701L. I purchased mine here from fellow board member adrenauline. Cost was $200 and then $100 for the touchscreen overlay from digitalww. As of now, i am not running a gps program on it, but i am sure it would be difficult to read since smaller fonts are fuzzy. I have seen a picture of CoPilot used on the same screen and it is readable, not so sure about destinator though.

And here's an old pic of the car i took about 2-3 yrs ago. It still looks pretty much the same...

Comment

good job on the lude...I see you have the JDM fog lights. I'm looking at some but I believe that I'll use that 325 to spend on a poly urethane r34 bumper.

Comment

^ wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Atomsmasher
                          good job on the lude...I see you have the JDM fog lights. I'm looking at some but I believe that I'll use that 325 to spend on a poly urethane r34 bumper.

cool..i almost got r33 but then i saw the stalker one so i ordered that check it out on visracing.com

Comment

Working...
                          X