2003 Silver Dodge Dakota SXT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Silver Dodge Dakota SXT

Ok everyone hear she is, I am about 95% complete I just need the ir to be shipped and I plan an making my own custom skin but I have included a link to the image gallery on my site for the photos. My mission was to put the whole thing in the center counsel and route all wires up through the dash for a completely hidden system. I plan on doing the dry run in the truck tonight and start the custom monitor enclosure by this weekend. I would love to get some feedback...

http://www.hum-dezign.com/gallery/Humputer
    Yeah man, I'll tell ya that dang old Internet man... ya just point'n click, click, click. It's real easy man

Awesome install! My only suggestion would be to rethink the horizontal mount of the drive, you're asking for trouble when you mount it like that.

Nice cat!
    ----------------------
    VIA Epia II
    256MB 266DDR Ram
    90GB Wester Digital
    Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    ----------------------
    Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

I think your other installer is a bit lazy, seems to lay around a lot.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Nice install. Looks very professional. Can you tell me a little bit more about the Bush Internet remote. I was thinking about getting one of those but not sure what is required to make it work with MediaCar. What type or IR are you using and software? Thanks.
        2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
        Lilliput 7"
        P4 2.0
        80Gb
        DLink FM
        Routis 2004
        Opus 150W
        1200watts of PPI power
        2 - 12" solobaric
        MB Quartz
        IBUS - steering control
        USB 2.0 DVD player

Comment

Nice! Hows that Dynamix screen working for you?
          http://www.AJQuick.com/ - Fiberglassing Tutorials!
          My Cardomain Page - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T

Comment

Hay all

The screen from what i can tell looks good the ebayer i bought it from was a chod though the photo was false he used it took almost a month to get it and when I finally received it I had to take it apart and fix it, the frame was pressing on the display making the monitor impossible to calibrate.

To answer the question about the bush remote i will have to get back to you I havenít programmed it yet. I would be glad to give you detailed instructions once I do though. There will be more photos to look at as the project continues and since I have a short deadline it wont be long.
            Yeah man, I'll tell ya that dang old Internet man... ya just point'n click, click, click. It's real easy man

Comment

got to love the Dakota!! cant wait to see the finished product. where you going to put your screen. i am having problems with a good location for my lilly.
              "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

screen placement

I am trying to decide where to put it the photo is a dry run but I really cant think of a better place to put it but i am open to suggestions.

Screen Mount Photos

Comment

i'm curious as to where i can find one of those bush remotes?

the install is very clean! congrats..
                  2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
                  7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                  NANO-ITX+m1-atx
                  512 DDRsodimm
                  60g SATA Laptop HD
                  4x Apple DVDslot
                  digimoto OBDii
                  mS GPS
                  mini BT keyboard
                  relocated HU faceplate

Comment

purchase remote

i got mine off ebay.co.uk the remote goes to a set top internet box in the uk. this remote goes to an older model i think i paid about $10 including shipping

Comment

links to remote

Here are a few auctions that sell them. What I did and suggest is purchase the system and before paying ask the seller if you can save money by having the remote only shipped my seller agreed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...712947144&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...712933929&rd=1

Comment

hum,
                        have you played with the bush remote yet? where did you mount the receiver for it?
                        [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

Comment

thanks for the links. it looks like those two sellers only ship to the UK. i hope i can find one. they look pretty cool to use.
                          2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
                          7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                          NANO-ITX+m1-atx
                          512 DDRsodimm
                          60g SATA Laptop HD
                          4x Apple DVDslot
                          digimoto OBDii
                          mS GPS
                          mini BT keyboard
                          relocated HU faceplate

Comment

UK Only & IR placement

My seller advertised UK only as well but I just emailed him and he was cool with it. As far as the ir placement I havenít received the ir unit I ordered yet so I donít have the dimensions yet but I have a few locations in mind. if you are familiar with the 2003 dakota/durango interior I think I will place it in the small change compartment in the lower left corner of the stereo.

Comment

Hey, why is the cat in prison? Did she steel supplies???
                              Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

Currently : Audi A6 - no install

Second install : VW Passat '97 CarPC
                              First install : '87 Audi 80 CarPC

Comment

Working...
                              X