subaru impreza install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subaru impreza install

just felt i'd share as i've been lurking here for info throughout this project, only thing i plan to do is remount the power/reset switches, the two holes on the left of screen

specs:
    epia 800mhz
    40 gig HD
    128 megs ram
    garmin gps III
    lilliput
    sound blaster audigy
    400w 4 channel pioneer amp
    axiom gps antenna
    memory card reader (hidden)
    win2k

wireless card and rearview cam soon to come, and i'm working on an interface for it all
    Attached Files

nice

Comment

nice install!

do you use iTunes as your primary music playing thingy? how does it go with the touchscreen interface?

Comment

the buttons could definitely be bigger (the volume control esp). at 640x480 its not bad, 800x600 makes it a bit trickier. i'm used to the playlist system, so i will probably keep using it, i like the auto cd rip on insert and things like that also. my current plan is to install buttons or a jog dial (make it sort of ipodesque) to control music thus alleviating the annoyance

Comment

Very good-looking install! I love it when people pull their factory stereos (who needs them?) and put screens in their spots - looks very professional The screen position would probably be too low for me, especially with a touchscreen, but sometimes you have to make sacrifises for good looks
          00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
          Newest install - my quickest ever
          My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
          My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

i like it cause when i'm in first gear i can reach the screen without taking hand off the stick

Comment

Working...
            X