2000 Grand Am GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Grand Am GT

Well, except for a few things here and there, my car pc is done. I will post a link here for my site, and if ya have questions or comments, post em here, or private me. Ideas, comments? Fire away!

Grand Am PC
    -Drew Taylor
    2000 Grand Am GT PC

Wow, that's original! I have seen people talking about placing a screen where you have it, but this is the first setup I saw that actually has it there. Is it easy to see from the driver's seat? Do you use a remote or some other way of controlling it? Do the cops like it?
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Yea, I can see it perfect from the drivers seat. I have remotes for the screen, and the tuner, as well as the head unit. 3 remotes, and I barely have a place to put em all. And as far as the cops liking it, well, I am one of em, so I can get away with a bit more than the average person. My co-workers do think its awesome though.
      -Drew Taylor
      2000 Grand Am GT PC

Comment

Great Job Drew!

I certainly is an original location of the Screen. Yeah! When you get a Xenarc or a Lilliput, you can relocated the monitor for the back passengers. Kudos!

o/______\o
        (oo_OO_oo)
        []o-----------o[]
        '94 320i

Comment

Yea, i just have to find a way to to get a xenarc or a lilliput to mount in the same way. I dont think they make a housing for that, so I will have to make one, and I dont have a lot of skill at that.
          -Drew Taylor
          2000 Grand Am GT PC

Comment

That's a nice install, good work. I have a '96 Grand Am and I did some measuring and with a little bit of cutting and some HVAC relocating I can put in an 8" LCD touchscreen where the stereo is now. From the pictures it looks like you can't do that in the newer ones though.

Comment

Oh, so you're a cop! Lucky lucky My respects
              00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
              Newest install - my quickest ever
              My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
              My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Update, check out my gallery again. Got the case built. Kind of an inside out design. Board is on the outside, cdrom comes out the back of the case, power supply is on the inside.

My CarPC Site

Again, comments are welcome.
                -Drew Taylor
                2000 Grand Am GT PC

Comment

nice install.. very very clean in the back. I am saying that because my *** is to lazy to to finish my trunk lol.. hopefully looks at other makes me jealous

Comment

Just curious if you have an actual strobe controller like what would be found in a police car or something more like a StreetGlow strobes and controller. The SG isn't too expensive but the real thing is. When I first put my strobes in, I had red and blue like your's. My mom drove up to the house (was home visiting) while it was dusk and I had just finished installing and had them on. She was wondering why there was a cop car in the back yard which was funny because she carried a badge and a Glock...

Would like to see some more videos of your strobes going inside the car and in the trunk.

Derek
                    Progress [||-------]
                    View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
                    Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

more pics of the chick

Comment

Well, for the outside strobes, they are official police strobes with a strobe controller, being that I am law enforcement. The strobes on the inside of the car and in the truck are just streetglows. No controller on those, just random flashing.
                        -Drew Taylor
                        2000 Grand Am GT PC

Comment

Good site, just gotta lose the song.

Comment

Well, since you are an officer, maybe you can clear up some of the talk about the laws here. I do not watch movies while I drive, I mean, it is just dumb, you miss too much of the movie. However, if you have a passenger watching movies, whats the harm? Anything can distract the driver, whether it be a cell phone, rubbernecking, hot coffee, getting head, whatever. So why should we be ticketed for something that *may* distract us? Isn't it up to the driver to be diligent? Arbirarily fining someone just because of the possibility of being distracted is like fining someone for having a cell phone in the car. See what I mean?

Comment

It really depends on the states particular law. Some states dont want the screen to be visible to the driver. I dont really watch my screen when I drive, but I have it up there to set up playlists before I drive off. Sorry about the music on my site, I forgot it was there. I use firefox, and I dont hear it.
                              -Drew Taylor
                              2000 Grand Am GT PC

Comment

Working...
                              X