1993 Honda Civic LX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Honda Civic LX

This carputer was built mostly out of spare parts with the exception of the PSU and LCD. I went through a year of getting shafted with defective items, but I finally pulled through. This is temporary to see how parts survive the southern heat. I checked after school today and my CPU was running at 69 degrees celcius!!!

Motherboard: mATX MSI MS-6378
    Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1700 UNDERCLOCKED to 1150mhz (overheating issues)
    RAM: 128mb PC133 SDRAM
    Hard drive: Quantum Fireball EX 6.4gb
    Power: 230watt 1U PSU and 300watt AC/DC inverter
    Screen: 5.6" sunvisor LCD (composite)
    Video card: ATi Rage Pro All-In-Wonder
    Mouse: handheld trackball
    Case: made out of foamboard + tape! :P
    Software: Coyote's MediaCar with modified Range Rover skin, Windows XP Pro Lite

Stereo: Kenwood KDC-319 auxiliary input. Kenwood KAC-5201 amp. Kenwood 12" Tornado sub. Four 6.5" Kenwood 2-way speakers.

The Car:

The test bench and final resting place:

The un-colormatched visor LCD (on purpose... I'm getting rid of this car in a few months):

LCD playing a music video:

MediaCar w/ modified Range Rover skin

First impressions:
    I've been waiting so long to do this... so I'm glad to have something rather than nothing. The cool factor is definately there... I'm the only person in town with a carputer. The composite LCD looked great at first, but the more I look at it... the more flaws I find. One, for instance, is the inability to handle gradient colors (look at the last pic). I can tolerate it though.

Hey man nice effort. Not the cleanest install but its functional!
    :My Car and Regular Computer:
    http://home.comcast.net/~krypt2nite

Comment

love the picayune case....cardboard box!

"if it's stupid, but it works, then its not stupid"
      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
      I'M DEBT FREE!!
      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by krypt2nite
        Hey man nice effort. Not the cleanest install but its functional!
        Thanks. I have the computer covered up by the floor mat...pretty stealth (besides the mouse of course). You can kindof see it in one of those pics. I don't want you thinking I just threw that junk on the floor.

...unless you're talking about the case. Then yes, it's crap. Oh... if only I had the time (and money).

Comment

Originally posted by noodles
          Thanks. I have the computer covered up by the floor mat...pretty stealth (besides the mouse of course). You can kindof see it in one of those pics. I don't want you thinking I just threw that junk on the floor.
          Haha nevermind I did think you just had it laying around all sloppy like =)

Originally posted by noodles
          ...unless you're talking about the case. Then yes, it's crap. Oh... if only I had the time (and money).
          Hey man whatever works. Atleast you have a working comptuter in your car.
          :My Car and Regular Computer:
          http://home.comcast.net/~krypt2nite

Comment

EG6 Sedan uber alles!
            Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
            Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
            sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

i got the same mouse
              Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
              Mods: Yep
              Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Working...
              X